Nux!

Home » Stella » Report a problem or request a feature » the location is not a folder and exo-file-manager (“the location is not a folder” error when trying to open files)
the location is not a folder and exo-file-manager [message #1703] Sun, 09 February 2014 08:27 Go to next message
alopia is currently offline  alopia
If you encounter "the location is not a folder" error and your Nautilus/Gnome file associatian is all messed up by exo-file-manager, this is because installing exo package.

Exo package also comes with Xfce or other stuff from Xfce like Thunar for example.

If you don't have Xfce or Thunar installed, the exo package may come from installing Xfburn from Nux repository.

I encountered this problem when I installed Xfburn from Nux repository on Centos 6.5
Xfburn needed libexo-1.so.0() Dependency. With my current repositories setup (i'm using priorities) libexo dependency resolved to exo package from Epel (exo - x86_64 - 0.6.2-2.el6 - @epel).

After installing Xfburn i saw "the location is not a folder" error when trying to open files in nautilus and "exo-file-manager" asociated with all sorts of files.

My quick fix until now was to remove Xfburn and exo dependency.

I will dig later in my config files to find a fix to this and being able to use Gnome & Xfce exo toghether with no problem, but now i'm simply don't have time for that.
If you know a quick fix please post on this subject. Thank's.

I also hope my post helps anybody having the same problem...

[Updated on: Sun, 09 February 2014 08:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: the location is not a folder and exo-file-manager [message #1707 is a reply to message #1703] Sun, 09 February 2014 11:45 Go to previous message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Alopia, thanks for reporting this, but the best thing to do is to open a report at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ on this particular package.

Previous Topic: nvidia drivers VS kernel
Next Topic: Kernel Panic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 04 04:09:43 BST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04562 seconds