Nux!

Home » Stella » Report a problem or request a feature » Stella won't shut-down/reboot
Stella won't shut-down/reboot [message #1343] Mon, 10 June 2013 22:32 Go to next message
MrNice is currently offline  MrNice
Hi

Another issue today.
For some reason Stella won't shut-down/reboot, just it closes all the appli, screen is black then I have the clock and it goes back to the desktop.
If I run in the terminal I got the error and nothing change:
shutdown -h now
shutdown: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1: failed to map segment from shared object: Permission denied

I have to keep the switch to force the box switch-off.

I could find any help anywhere.
Thank you for your help
Re: Stella won't shut-down/reboot [message #1345 is a reply to message #1343] Mon, 10 June 2013 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Could be SELinux. Try as root:
setenforce 0

If it succeeds then you may be in need of a relabelling:
restorecon -R -v /

If setenforce does not help, then no idea, could be a hardware problem.
Re: Stella won't shut-down/reboot [message #1346 is a reply to message #1343] Tue, 11 June 2013 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I run setenforce 0 and had no output, then I run restorecon -R -v / and I had lot a outputs.
I rebooted and this seems good. I will see later.

Once again you saved my day, no my week!!!

Thanks a million.
Re: Stella won't shut-down/reboot [message #1347 is a reply to message #1343] Tue, 11 June 2013 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

You're welcome, but usually it doesn't happen often that the selinux contexts get messed up. Did you do anything "funky" that may have trigerred it?

Re: Stella won't shut-down/reboot [message #1349 is a reply to message #1343] Wed, 12 June 2013 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just have read that hardware have SELinux context and I thing I did something wrong:
I have a spare HDD and swapped it (physically) with the first/OS Stella in my box. I installed a multi-boot Stella, Ubuntu on it for test purpose. Then I mounted the other HDD in the box as well. But I had no access in these HDD and changed the owner to get access. I think this is my mistake.
I swapped again with the original HDD (Stella only) and had the issue and open this thread.
I'd guess that when I will be back to the multi-boot, I will not have access to the secondary HDD again. It should have another way to do that.

Do you think it could be the reason?
I have to find how to share the mounted HDD in that case.
Re: Stella won't shut-down/reboot [message #1350 is a reply to message #1349] Wed, 12 June 2013 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
symbianflo is currently offline  symbianflo

Hi
Have you edit/check the proper strings in fstab/mtab after you took the ownership of the new entries ?
Have took ownership of the mounting points too?
Re: Stella won't shut-down/reboot [message #1351 is a reply to message #1343] Wed, 12 June 2013 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't edit/check fstab in the new OS.
I added the mounting point at the install time but even I could see the HDD I couldn't read/write on it. I changed the owner from root. I didn't think it could change something in the HDD itself.
Re: Stella won't shut-down/reboot [message #1353 is a reply to message #1351] Thu, 13 June 2013 11:42 Go to previous message
symbianflo is currently offline  symbianflo

You shouldn't ... automount is more then enough, just click on the hdd give the root pswd and you are on ...
Previous Topic: google chrome no longer supports Stella?!?
Next Topic: USB stick/HDD mount not deleted when removed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 23 16:18:15 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01697 seconds