Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » Remastering Stella
Remastering Stella [message #285] Sun, 06 May 2012 18:38 Go to next message
saleem is currently offline  saleem
Hi,

Is it possible to make a backup live cd/dvd image iso from an installed Stella system?
I have a very nicely and customly desgined installation and I was wishing to have it as a backup media for future installations and installation on my laptop also.This will save time for installation from scratch on my laptop and in future.

Please guide ,

regards,
Re: Remastering Stella [message #286 is a reply to message #285] Sun, 06 May 2012 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello Saleem,

Making an ISO.. don't know about that. You can backup it up though in a format that can later be restored. I usually use the Clonezilla LiveCD for this task, give it a try.

Re: Remastering Stella [message #287 is a reply to message #286] Sun, 06 May 2012 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Nux,

I have used Clonezilla live for quite some time but it can only restore an image it made to the same drive/partition only .

Since I want to restore the image onto a different pc/hardware I am thinking of giving a windows software like Symantec System Recovery (SSR) 2011 for such a task, this thing can restore an image on a dissimilar hardware also.

Re: Remastering Stella [message #288 is a reply to message #285] Sun, 06 May 2012 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Saleem,

Unfortunately my recommendations stop at Clonezilla; feel free to use whatever you think meets your needs.
Let me know what you end up with, I'm curious.

Re: Remastering Stella [message #289 is a reply to message #288] Sun, 06 May 2012 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nux,

Symantec System Recovery (SSR) 2011 worked for me Smile

Stella is up , running and shinning from my desktop to dell laititude e6500 like a charm !

just need to get wireless working its a broadcom-firmware , what packages do i need for that?

that was a task i wanted to happen this way Smile

PS In arch i use b43-firmware and on yumex i see b43-tools so i guess it will do it .

PS im still having issue with wireless, i always just enter password to my wireless and it autoconnects all but network manager applet on stella is empty for wireless and asking weird questions, so what do i do to have wireless connectivity auto?

regards

[Updated on: Sun, 06 May 2012 22:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Remastering Stella [message #290 is a reply to message #285] Mon, 07 May 2012 00:04 Go to previous message
Administrator

Saleem,

Sorry for this but certain broadcom chips are still a problem on Stella.
Check this thread, see if you can get anything useful out of it http://forums.nux.ro/index.php?t=msg&goto=246

Unfortunately I'm also missing the hardware to test any possible solutions on.. It is something that I'd like solved though so any suggestions are welcome.

Previous Topic: tv-maxe
Next Topic: Extra Repositories
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 16 00:40:01 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01289 seconds