Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » Creating a local mirror
Creating a local mirror [message #3508] Wed, 17 February 2016 12:23 Go to next message
MartinR is currently offline  MartinR
I look after some machines that are behind an air gap. to do this I have to build my own repos, currently CentOS, EPEL and ELrepo at versions 5, 6 and 7. I have tried downloading nux using the command:
wget --mirror --no-parent --no-verbose --directory-prefix=/home/CentOS/nux-$version/ --no-host-directories ____://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el$version

where $version is either 6 or 7. For ____ read http, the forum is blocking the posting of links.

There are a number of problems with this approach. First it builds in /home/CentOS/nux-7/download/nux/dextop, I'm guessing that this means my wget command is not correct. Second I get both el6 and el7 whatever the $version. Third I get el?, el?Client, el?Server and el?Workstation. The upshot is that I ended up downloading 8 times too much.

It is, of course, relatively trivial to move the el? repos to where I expected but I would prefer to get it right first time!

Any assistance would be gratefully received.
Re: Creating a local mirror [message #3510 is a reply to message #3508] Wed, 17 February 2016 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Pro tip Smile

rsync -av li.nux.ro::li.nux.ro/nux/dextop/el7/x86_64/ /local/mirror/

You might want to add a --delete in the command once you get everything tested a bit; though I rarely delete anything.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 February 2016 15:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating a local mirror [message #3512 is a reply to message #3510] Wed, 17 February 2016 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MartinR is currently offline  MartinR
Smack (hand hitting head)!

CentOS and EPEL offer rsync hosts - so I used them. A few months later I only saw http on nux and ELrepo, so tried using that! A good case of an initial wrong choice leading to more and more complexity and grief. Thanks for the gentle prod. Embarrassed
Re: Creating a local mirror [message #3577 is a reply to message #3512] Fri, 06 May 2016 22:02 Go to previous message
schotty is currently offline  schotty
Here is the Red Hat (tm) way (https://access.redhat.com/solutions/23016) using reposync

yum install yum-utils createrepo

reposync --gpgcheck -l --repoid=rhel-x86_64-server-5 --download_path=/download/path

cd /var/www/html/<download directory>

createrepo -v /var/www/html/<download directory>/

I think that in the background, reposync is just calling rsync. But either way, this is what I use to get the job done, just had to dig up the support page.
Previous Topic: ffmpeg: It would be really nice if it came with libfaac, libfaad, nvenc and Intel QSV support...
Next Topic: [REQUEST] Samba 4.4.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 06 05:50:40 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00982 seconds