Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » pdftk pdfchain ? how to encrypt/un-encrypte pdfs?
pdftk pdfchain ? how to encrypt/un-encrypte pdfs? [message #2442] Thu, 09 October 2014 19:00 Go to next message
scarface899T
hi nux,

how do you manage pdf files? i am using xournal per your suggestion and it's great at pdf editing, but how to I encrypt the pdfs to email?

should i use pdftk pdfchain ? how to encrypt/un-encrypte pdfs? any other suggestions?

[root@localhost user1]# yum install pdftk
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: mirror.spro.net
* elrepo: ftp.osuosl.org
* epel: mirror.hmc.edu
* extras: centos.tcpdiag.net
* nux-dextop: mirror.li.nux.ro
* updates: repos.lax.quadranet.com
Setting up Install Process
No package pdftk available.
Error: Nothing to do
[root@localhost user1]# yum install pdfchain
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: mirror.spro.net
* elrepo: ftp.osuosl.org
* epel: mirror.hmc.edu
* extras: centos.tcpdiag.net
* nux-dextop: mirror.li.nux.ro
* updates: mirror.pac-12.org
Setting up Install Process
No package pdfchain available.
Error: Nothing to do

thanks for any suggestions.
Re: pdftk pdfchain ? how to encrypt/un-encrypte pdfs? [message #2443 is a reply to message #2442] Fri, 10 October 2014 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

No idea, I hardly ever touch PDFs.
If you require certain software to be packaged as RPM let me know.
Re: pdftk pdfchain ? how to encrypt/un-encrypte pdfs? [message #2444 is a reply to message #2443] Fri, 10 October 2014 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
detipco is currently offline  detipco
Hi scarface,
pdftk is the right application for you, it`s working onto the command line. Smile
Test the package, if it works for you.

Just seen it by our friendly guys from PCLOS http://code-industry.net/free-pdf-editor.php

[Updated on: Fri, 10 October 2014 13:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: pdftk pdfchain ? how to encrypt/un-encrypte pdfs? [message #2459 is a reply to message #2442] Mon, 13 October 2014 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scarface899T
thanks nux,

can you package pdftk and pdfchain (gui) i think since they are not in the repo.

thanks detipco for the info
Re: pdftk pdfchain ? how to encrypt/un-encrypte pdfs? [message #2468 is a reply to message #2442] Tue, 14 October 2014 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

I'll try, but pdftk requires some gcc bits that are missing from EL7 (java stuff). I'll try to build the extra gcc packages required, but it's a slippery slope, no guarantees.
Re: pdftk pdfchain ? how to encrypt/un-encrypte pdfs? [message #2495 is a reply to message #2468] Wed, 15 October 2014 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scarface899T
thanks nux,

if you can't repo it due to gcc requirements no worries...i'll just encrypt zip it instead.

thanks again for the assist. still enjoying 6.5 and afraid to move to 7 since you and symbianflo don't like it...i follow your leads. Wink
Re: pdftk pdfchain ? how to encrypt/un-encrypte pdfs? [message #2496 is a reply to message #2442] Wed, 15 October 2014 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
schotty is currently offline  schotty
I actually love 7 quite alot. Just depends on your like/dislike of GNOME 3 I noticed. I quite enjoy it, but its clearly not for everyone. Best bet is to fire up a VM of 7 and give it a go. For me the cleaned up system (systemd and pulseaudio for starters) were what kept me off of RHEL6 on my main machine here. 7 is rocking on it. Unfortunately, it seems that the alternative DEs are limited to the major guys (Cinnamon, Mate, XFCE). The lessers are in need of alot of extra packages. Eventually I suppose I should roll out RPMs of em, but its not a big deal to get openbox or windowmaker running on here. Especially without proper good PA support. Such a deal breaker for me.
Re: pdftk pdfchain ? how to encrypt/un-encrypte pdfs? [message #3768 is a reply to message #2442] Mon, 23 January 2017 15:04 Go to previous message
Administrator

Since there seems to be somewhat of an interest, especially from people coming from search engines, EL7 RPMs here
http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/tmp/pdftk/

copied from https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/robert/pdftk/
Previous Topic: Kdenlive 0.9.10 segfaults
Next Topic: nautilus-python
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 23 23:24:54 BST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00754 seconds