Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » [PKG Request] Chromium-browser for EL 7
[PKG Request] Chromium-browser for EL 7 [message #3320] Sat, 12 September 2015 16:28 Go to next message
kaipanoi is currently offline  kaipanoi
Please provide packages for Chromium in EL 7, perhaps like spot is doing for Fedora...

Thank you!
Re: [PKG Request] Chromium-browser for EL 7 [message #3321 is a reply to message #3320] Sat, 12 September 2015 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kaipanoi is currently offline  kaipanoi
I tried cramming the F18 packages from https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/chromium-stable/ onto CentOS 7, and failed.
Re: [PKG Request] Chromium-browser for EL 7 [message #3324 is a reply to message #3320] Fri, 18 September 2015 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

I know building Chromium is not for the faint of heart, especially as it's not a set it and leave it job. I'm very tempted to skip this one, especially as Chrome works fine on EL7.
Re: [PKG Request] Chromium-browser for EL 7 [message #3570 is a reply to message #3320] Wed, 04 May 2016 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
schotty is currently offline  schotty
Packaging Chromium up sucks, and I gave up a while back. But somehow I missed this dude. Been holding off on making any positive review until I used it on a few of my machines for a while.

It works fine. As far as I can see its a good build. What isnt a good build is the yum .repo file. At least for RHEL7. All my rigs had a fit over the repo url macros

But follow dude's instructions. When it fails due to the repo missing, the fix for me was to set the baseurl:
baseurl=http://install.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/yum/itecs/public/chromium/$releasever/

And dudes page is at:
http://install.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/yum/itecs/public/chromium/ howto/readme.txt
Re: [PKG Request] Chromium-browser for EL 7 [message #3574 is a reply to message #3320] Thu, 05 May 2016 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Thanks for the tip.

I'm a FF user, but not everyone is. Smile
Re: [PKG Request] Chromium-browser for EL 7 [message #3575 is a reply to message #3574] Fri, 06 May 2016 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
schotty is currently offline  schotty
I kinda got roped into being a very Google centric guy. My Android phone and tablet, Chromebook (which is begging to get a Fedora or CentOS ARM install on it) and the fact I have just been to damn busy to get my mail self hosted and off of Google ....

Although I don't get the time to peruse the fora like I used to, when I do I try to add something useful.
Re: [PKG Request] Chromium-browser for EL 7 [message #3578 is a reply to message #3320] Sat, 07 May 2016 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Yeah, real life has often other plans. Smile
Re: [PKG Request] Chromium-browser for EL 7 [message #3828 is a reply to message #3320] Fri, 05 May 2017 11:23 Go to previous message
palacs is currently offline  palacs
That would be great. Also for EL6.
Previous Topic: Unable to Update Oracle Linux
Next Topic: VLC 2.2.2 Weatherwax on CentOS 7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 24 04:30:07 BST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00798 seconds