Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » Transmission (Need Transmission 2.93 or newer)
Transmission [message #4039] Sat, 16 June 2018 03:46 Go to next message
loopnode
Damn, this ended up in the wrong catagory! Thought I was putting this message in Repos.

Hi Nux!

Is it possible to get an update to Transmission? Because of security issues the latest version I can find for Stella, Transmission version 2.13, is now banned from a site I use. I need version 2.93 or higher.

Thanks again for all the work you've done creating Stella and all the work you do maintaining it.

Be Well,

-loop

[Updated on: Sat, 16 June 2018 03:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Transmission [message #4040 is a reply to message #4039] Sun, 17 June 2018 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hi,

Transmission for EL6 is now maintained by EPEL and I will let them deal with this.
If there is a problem with the package you should open a bugzilla ticket with them about it.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%20E PEL&GoAheadAndLogIn=Log%20in
Re: Transmission [message #4041 is a reply to message #4040] Mon, 18 June 2018 09:02 Go to previous message
loopnode
Hi Nux!

Quote:
Transmission for EL6 is now maintained by EPEL and I will let them deal with this.

Yes, makes sense to me.

Quote:
If there is a problem with the package you should open a bugzilla ticket with them about it.

There are a few open tickets already regarding earlier security fixes. Some libraries, libnotify and a few others, are frozen in EL6, but newer ones are needed to update Transmission beyond 2.13. I didn't file a new ticket since it is essentially the same as those previously filed. And there doesn't seem to be a high priority to backport these security fixes.

I guessed it was something of that nature. Only so much time in a day.

Thanks,

loop
Previous Topic: Install Pentest packages on CentOS
Next Topic: MRB media upgrade
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 22 21:32:47 BST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00905 seconds