Nux!

Home » Repos » General chat » Repo for RHEL/CentOS 8 planed?
Repo for RHEL/CentOS 8 planed? [message #4168] Sun, 29 September 2019 17:45 Go to next message
wolverine is currently offline  wolverine
Hi Nux,

I just want to ask if you have any plans to add RHEL/CentOS 8 repo?

Thanks
Re: Repo for RHEL/CentOS 8 planed? [message #4171 is a reply to message #4168] Mon, 07 October 2019 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello,

Unfortunately due to changes in personal circumstances I am left without the spare time required to do it for EL8, sorry.

I am hopeful RPMFusion will pick up the work though or other members of the community.
Re: Repo for RHEL/CentOS 8 planed? [message #4172 is a reply to message #4168] Wed, 09 October 2019 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TrevorH is currently offline  TrevorH
That is sad but not unexpected news. It's a tremendous amount of effort required to produce the number and range of packages that you do and I'm sure we'd all like to thank you for all your hard work over the last few years.

I do notice that EPEL are publishing a number of packages that you used to build so you can probably retire some of the el7 ones in your repo now.

And a request which probably won't be popular... but, if you find that you don't have time to maintain your el7 packages, perhaps you could find some others to help you maintain them? I really do not want your repo to descend into the state that the old rpmforge did so from my POV, I would rather you shut up shop completely than left your old packages around if you are no longer able to keep them up to date. It would create a lot of noise but in the long term, it's a better option than leaving unmaintained packages with known security problems lying around.
Re: Repo for RHEL/CentOS 8 planed? [message #4173 is a reply to message #4168] Tue, 15 October 2019 13:31 Go to previous message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Trevor,

Agreed. I am happy to issue the odd update if you guys can give me a nudge. Else happy to close shop, but I'd rather not do that yet as it'd break things for a lot of people.

Previous Topic: Stella 6.8 >> Stella 6.10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 16 09:57:01 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01440 seconds