Nux!

Home » Stella » General chat » Stella brings back the "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling! (Thanks!)
Stella brings back the "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling! [message #492] Wed, 17 October 2012 11:41 Go to next message
hpb is currently offline  hpb
Ah ... at last, a new beautiful star on the firmament.
No shiny distractions, no signs of ego-development, just a very nice and peaceful distro that brings back the old "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling.
Only added the elgis repo and there it goes, stable, snappy and fast while leaving out all the unnecessary and ugly things that make today's modern pc's look like ridiculous giant cellphones.

Thanks, and may Stella shine for a long time!

Hpb
Re: Stella brings back the "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling! [message #493 is a reply to message #492] Wed, 17 October 2012 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
symbianflo is currently offline  symbianflo

Thanks , I think we are sharing the same hope Laughing
Re: Stella brings back the "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling! [message #497 is a reply to message #492] Wed, 17 October 2012 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words. Smile
Re: Stella brings back the "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling! [message #506 is a reply to message #492] Thu, 18 October 2012 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haker Defo is currently offline  Haker Defo

"I don't want to be the sun. Too bright too much shine, too harsh too much heat. Dominant, Angry & Proud. I'd rather be a gentle shining star guiding and solacing the lost souls on a dark night."
Re: Stella brings back the "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling! [message #509 is a reply to message #506] Fri, 19 October 2012 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

We've got a poet on board! Smile
Re: Stella brings back the "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling! [message #513 is a reply to message #509] Fri, 19 October 2012 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hpb is currently offline  hpb
Yep, some things can only be said poetically I guess Wink
Re: Stella brings back the "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling! [message #565 is a reply to message #492] Sat, 27 October 2012 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kazenoreiki is currently offline  kazenoreiki
Thanks for the distro

I just discovered stella.

Waaaw, my linux feels, fast, fun, and solid.

All that I liked about linux that has been lost.

Thanks, keep the hard work
Re: Stella brings back the "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling! [message #567 is a reply to message #565] Sat, 27 October 2012 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Thanks for your kind words. Smile
Re: Stella brings back the "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling! [message #691 is a reply to message #567] Wed, 28 November 2012 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xulfur is currently offline  xulfur
gonna give Stella a spin right now. (M-am inregistrat inainte pentru ca am vazut ca esti roman..deh,unii ar zice,spiritul de turma Very Happy ) . Anyway, i too hate all the bling bling that means linux distros now. I just want my system to be stable,fast.
Re: Stella brings back the "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling! [message #694 is a reply to message #492] Wed, 28 November 2012 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Bafta Smile
Re: Stella brings back the "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling! [message #695 is a reply to message #691] Wed, 28 November 2012 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
symbianflo is currently offline  symbianflo

xulfur wrote on Wed, 28 November 2012 16:00
gonna give Stella a spin right now. (M-am inregistrat inainte pentru ca am vazut ca esti roman..deh,unii ar zice,spiritul de turma Very Happy ) . Anyway, i too hate all the bling bling that means linux distros now. I just want my system to be stable,fast.

OT:
Eh cu ocazia asta ti-ai facut dusmani pe ubuntu.ro ... Very Happy
Bafta si bine ai venit .
Re: Stella brings back the "linux-is-fun-to-work-with" feeling! [message #705 is a reply to message #695] Fri, 30 November 2012 17:27 Go to previous message
xulfur is currently offline  xulfur
Haha,ms pt avertisment. Si pentru cuvinte de bun venit. N-am nimic cu ubuntistii,am incercat toate ubunturile,insa sunt prea..greoaie Smile . Imi place Stella, nu e rau deloc.Stabil,multimedia capabil,si mai ales cu gnome 2. Gnome 3 e oribil pentru mine,kde4 la fel,lent si plin de servicii care stau doar in calea mea. S-ar putea sa folosesc Stella ca 'my main'. Un salut tutror celor vorbitori de lb romana si nu numai.
Previous Topic: Writing a guide to install conky in stella.
Next Topic: Year End Honorable Mention for Stella
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Mar 24 17:47:30 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05931 seconds