Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » Nautilus, right and middle click
Nautilus, right and middle click [message #779] Wed, 12 December 2012 16:08 Go to next message
MrNice is currently offline  MrNice
Hi,

I have a strange behaviour with Nautilus 2.28.4.
With the mouse I should be able to open a new tab when I click middle (on the wheel) on the left column, on the directory I want to open in a new tab. It works not at all time.
Some times it works 5, 6 times and after not for 4,5 times, after works for few times etc.
This is very unpredictable.

The same issue is with the right button. The menu doesn't open every time.
I have the same issue on my laptop and desktop.

What could be done?
Re: Nautilus, right and middle click [message #780 is a reply to message #779] Wed, 12 December 2012 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello,

For me middle click always works, it opens a new tab. I think you may have a problem with your mouse..
Re: Nautilus, right and middle click [message #784 is a reply to message #780] Thu, 13 December 2012 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately it's not my mouse,
- I tested it with "Mouse preference" switch on/off the bulb = 100% good for more than 100 clicks each!
- I have the same on my laptop and desktop with 2 different mouses and the pad
- I never had that with the previous OS

If I click right or middle a Place in the left column and this is not working, I can click many many time this is not working at all if I don't move the mouse. As soon I move a little bit the mouse (on the same Place/directory) it is working.
Please look the screen capture attached. (audio and video)

[Updated on: Thu, 13 December 2012 09:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Nautilus, right and middle click [message #789 is a reply to message #779] Fri, 14 December 2012 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

I believe you when you say it doesn't work, unfortunately for me it works without problems every time. I can't begin to even think where the problem might be. I'll think about it ...
Re: Nautilus, right and middle click [message #796 is a reply to message #789] Tue, 18 December 2012 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to write down what I observed.

I have 4 workspaces with 1 or 2 Nautilus in each.
In the workspace 2, clicks are 100% efficient with any try.
In the other workspaces about 1 over 10/15 click is efficient when I move between directories.
When one click is efficient, it will be efficient in the same directory until I move the mouse just 1 pixel. After that it become not good until around 10 next clicks.
Re: Nautilus, right and middle click [message #800 is a reply to message #779] Tue, 18 December 2012 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

MrNice,

It beats me. Never ever in my life have I heard about something similar. Sorry I can't help you ...
Re: Nautilus, right and middle click [message #812 is a reply to message #800] Thu, 20 December 2012 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some day everything is pink...

I opened 19 Nautilus allocated in the 4 workspaces.
Clicks 100% good for about 15 clicks in each file browser.

Very Happy
Re: Nautilus, right and middle click [message #816 is a reply to message #779] Thu, 20 December 2012 19:48 Go to previous message
Administrator

I blame cosmic background radiation (clueless, really). Smile
Previous Topic: New user with observations and a package request
Next Topic: Request for Revisor software for Stella 6.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 19 12:05:18 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03221 seconds