Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » where is the repos forum to request a package?
where is the repos forum to request a package? [message #893] Thu, 24 January 2013 19:52 Go to next message
scarface899T
hello all,

noob here, didn't know where to post this question...but where are the repo forums to request a package? thanks you

looking for these but couldn't find them in the repositories:
calibre
chromium
googletalkplugin
keepassx
teamviewer

Report a problem or request a feature
Post a bug or request a feature. If you want to request a PACKAGE please use the forum in the Repos category.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 January 2013 19:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: where is the repos forum to request a package? [message #895 is a reply to message #893] Thu, 24 January 2013 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

scarface899T wrote on Thu, 24 January 2013 19:52

calibre
chromium
googletalkplugin
keepassx
teamviewer

Hello,

Calibre and chromium depend on very difficult to backport dependencies. Calibre provide their own installer with statically linked libraries which should work fine.
If you install Chrome for Linux it will add a repo file in the system, you can then "yum install google-talkplugin".

Keepassx is on the pipe now, check the repo in a couple of hours.

Teamviewer, never used it but they provide RPMs for Centos: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/linux.aspx

Let me know if you have further issues.

Re: where is the repos forum to request a package? [message #901 is a reply to message #893] Fri, 25 January 2013 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scarface899T
thank you nux (amazingly fast communication) Wink

calibre: ok, i'll look into it.

chromium/googletalkplugin: thank you, installed chrome from the google website, up and running great

keepassx: thank you, got it from your repo as stated. can't live w/ out this package...my whole life is in it.

teamviewer: installed from their website, working fine for now. as i learn more about remote desktop, i won't need it in the future, but for now, i depend on it to problem-fix my family's PCs. ( i need to learn vpn or vnc or something like that)

anyways, thank you again for your quick response. loving your centos remix and once i get a couple of packages squared away, i'll be installing it in my family's PCs and not worry about them jacking it up.
Re: where is the repos forum to request a package? [message #903 is a reply to message #893] Fri, 25 January 2013 11:59 Go to previous message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

You're welcome. Smile
Previous Topic: opera update
Next Topic: Request Deluge Update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 24 22:34:43 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00918 seconds