Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » ffmpeg update request
ffmpeg update request [message #926] Fri, 08 February 2013 15:30 Go to next message
MrNice is currently offline  MrNice
Hello,

Thanks again for all the work done to get a great distro.

Is it possible to get the last version of ffmpeg?
Repository has version 0.10.4.
Last version is 1.1.2 in the ffmpeg web site http://www.ffmpeg.org/index.html
More than 5 releases between them.

I have one error when I capture, even with one basic command line.
I'll post a question but they first will ask for update my version.

Thanks for you help
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #931 is a reply to message #926] Sat, 09 February 2013 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

I'll see what I can do.

In the meanwhile you can try your luck with this guy's daily static builds:
http://ffmpeg.gusari.org/static/
Just extract and run.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 February 2013 11:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #936 is a reply to message #926] Sat, 09 February 2013 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the link

Unfortunately static ffmpeg need kernel 3.2.x+ but I run 2.6.32.
Moreover I have NVidia driver and I don't think I can install another kernel.

I'll wait the update.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #937 is a reply to message #926] Sat, 09 February 2013 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

MrNice,

The update, if it comes, will take a while. There is a TON of stuff that depends on it so it's no easy feat.
I recommend you give those static builds a try. What error do you get when running them?

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #938 is a reply to message #926] Sun, 10 February 2013 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, little did I know how long it is.

I succeed to install Static FFmpeg on my laptop for a try.

Unfortunately I came across another error:
Unknown input format: 'alsa'

But the same command is working with the installed version.

I don't want to bother you with that. I sent a email to burek, the guy in charge of the Static FFmpeg.

Anyway, I'll let you know when I fix that; so don't worry.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #939 is a reply to message #926] Sun, 10 February 2013 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Oh, it'd be nice of him to enable alsa support. Thanks for taking initiative. Smile
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #961 is a reply to message #926] Wed, 13 February 2013 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got an answer from Burek:
Quote:
My static build did not include alsa, because it is difficult to enable alsa for various flavors of linux. If you need alsa support, you will need to build your own ffmpeg.

I tried also pulse but not implemented nether.
I don't thing we will have the implementation soon.
I don't think there is another way to capture audio then I can't test the new ffmpeg version.

So I go back to the starting point. Maybe you have the answer.
Shortly:
I want to capture from an USB device for video (Dazzle DVC100, s-vhs pal tape) and audio from the integrated audio card.
I want no compression audio (pcm) and lossless compression video (huffyuv or ffvhuff).
My command is:
ffmpeg -f alsa -i hw:0,0 -f v4l2 -channel 1 -i /dev/video0 -map 0:0 -map 1:0 -c:a pcm_s16le -c:v huffyuv /Store3/Test/test_`date +%Y%m%d_%H%M`.avi

But I get the error:
[avi @ 0xbf1a60] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 0: 2228 >= 2228
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument

AVI should accept PCM and compressed video. mencoder works for that but I have other error more difficult to fix.
When I remove pcm_s16le I get a .avi file but audio is mpeg 128kb compression and video is good.
PCM is working when I capture audio only in wav file.

I can't understand if this is a ffmpeg bug or if I did a mistake in the command.

Many thanks for your ideas.

Edit: -c:a copy return the same error

[Updated on: Wed, 13 February 2013 10:01]

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #964 is a reply to message #926] Wed, 13 February 2013 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

I am not very good with ffmpeg tbh, I do suggest you ask this question to Burek, either via email or on #ffmpeg @ freenode.

Also, it might help if you asked him for the build procedure; we could build static ffmpeg for EL6, too, with alsa and PA support.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 February 2013 22:22]

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1027 is a reply to message #964] Thu, 28 February 2013 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi nux,

After many tests with ffmpeg and questions in the ffmpeg web forum, I am back here.
The only way to over come the errors I get is first to update Stella ffmpeg version. This is the answer I got !!!
Please see the 2 following threads.
http:// ffmpeg.gusari.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=844&sid=2620d c764f5200ec7a8002ab6213167c
http:// ffmpeg.gusari.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=839&sid=2620d c764f5200ec7a8002ab6213167c

The link
https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/CentosCompilationGuide
is a guide to compile ffmpeg.

I would like to try to compile it but I am not sure whether it could or not jeopardise my good working Stella install.
Could you read the guide and tell me and if needed explain what I have to do.
Can I try to compile in a KVM install?

Sorry to disturb you again but I am stuck at this point.

Many thanks

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1028 is a reply to message #1027] Thu, 28 February 2013 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
symbianflo is currently offline  symbianflo

If you need new ffmpeg so badly you should try to build it or in a jail ( chroot) or better with mock, ( witch is pretty much the same , except that you have to input a spec ,tarball sources and eventually patches or just a src.rpm)
so this wont affect your stella box , but ain't no easy build ...
I have to be fair with you I'm packaging since a while and I can tell you that I've never manage to have a straight build of ffmpeg, since ever I had to patch it to have a working build .
So here is what I would do if I where you , go to fc19-rawhide download the ffmpeg src.rpm if ain't no new enough , unpack it and change the source tarball with the latest, provided by ffmpeg guys,
and build your src.rpm with those , just changing the version into the spec,
rpmbuild --bs --nodeps ffmpeg.spec
and start the build in mock.
I would like to promise you that I can try ,but I'm extremely busy in this period and I can't afford to spend time on ffmpeg .

Sorry and good luck

LE.
Changed my mind 1.1.3 will suit you?

Wrote: /media/home/symbianflo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ffmpeg-1.1.3-1stella.x86_64.rpm
Wrote: /media/home/symbianflo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ffmpeg-libs-1.1.3-1stella.x86_64.rpm
Wrote: /media/home/symbianflo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ffmpeg-devel-1.1.3-1stella.x86_64.rpm

UNTESTED =CAUTION= - if you have a stella box in VM ( vbox or something like this, try it first)
here you have it :
http://mrb.mandrivausers.ro/MRB/stella/testing/stella-ffpmeg /
i686 and x86_64

[Updated on: Thu, 28 February 2013 23:10]

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1032 is a reply to message #1028] Sat, 02 March 2013 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi symbianflo,

Many thanks for "Changed my mind..."

I installed Stella on a VM and tried to install ffmpeg.
I have a lack of knowledge;
I tried to install ffmpeg-1.1.3-1stella.x86_64.rpm and ffmpeg-libs-1.1.3-1stella.x86_64.rpm.
I think I don't need ffmpeg-devel-1.1.3-1stella.x86_64.rpm.
When I install the first one (click on the link and open with), I get the an error message asking for the second one and vice-versa.
I could try in terminal
yum --enablerepo=??? install ffmpeg
but I don't know the repo name.

Help is very welcome.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1033 is a reply to message #926] Sat, 02 March 2013 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Just download them somewhere, then open a terminal and as root do: rpm -Uvh ffmpeg-\*
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1036 is a reply to message #1033] Sat, 02 March 2013 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the error
error: Failed dependecies:
libavcodec.so.53()(64bit) is needed by (installed) gstreamer-ffmpeg-0.10.12....
libavformat.so.53()(64bit) is needed....
libavutil.so.51()(64bit) is needed...

I tried to install libavcodec but it needs other dependencies.

So stuck.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1037 is a reply to message #1036] Sat, 02 March 2013 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

MrNice wrote on Sat, 02 March 2013 14:50
I got the error
error: Failed dependecies:
libavcodec.so.53()(64bit) is needed by (installed) gstreamer-ffmpeg-0.10.12....
libavformat.so.53()(64bit) is needed....
libavutil.so.51()(64bit) is needed...

I tried to install libavcodec but it needs other dependencies.

So stuck.

I'm sorry I thought that you can handle such kind of issues, seems that I was wrong, someone who try to upgrade ffmpeg
must know a bit better he's system and how to deal with install/unistall solve deps....

Ok if you give me a list about what you need to install ffmpeg I'll see what can be done.

take ffmpeg rpms that you need to be installed and paste the exit to:
rpm -q ffmpeg-that-you-need.rpm --requires

it will give you a list , from this list you have to give me what you don't find on repositories.
you'll take all the list an try to install those packages, what is missing paste here ,
all the name of the rpm, arch included.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1038 is a reply to message #1036] Sat, 02 March 2013 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff depending on ffmpeg ... it's better to keep trying with the static build.

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1039 is a reply to message #1037] Sat, 02 March 2013 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I wrote previousely, static ffmpeg doesn't implement alsa nor pulseaudio, so I can't use it.
Moreover Burek said it is difficult to add it.

ffmpeg forum gave me this link. Is it helpful?
http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/CentosCompilationGuide

I'd be glad to learn how to do it but it's a long time project.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1040 is a reply to message #926] Sat, 02 March 2013 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Yes, indeed, seems like it's not easy.

What I would do is to install all deps from rpms and then install ffmpeg from source but in a different path, e.g.:

yum install yasm-devel x264-devel faac-devel lame-devel libogg-devel libtheora-devel libvpx-devel 

then get the source of whatever ffmpeg version you want to build and decompress it and:
./configure --prefix=/opt/ffmpeg --enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264

If you want pulseaudio support then you would also need to install probably pulseaudio-libs-devel and use the appropriate ./configure switch to enable it (./configure --help|grep -i pulse should show it)

In the end, if all goes along to the plan, you should have a newer ffmpeg in /opt/ffmpeg/bin or smth like this. Good luck!

[Updated on: Sat, 02 March 2013 17:26]

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1041 is a reply to message #1040] Sun, 03 March 2013 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Nux no ...it's wrong he'll blow all the mmedia stack.... just a thought ,
he has to make the new ffmpeg system wide available
so ldconfig is a must.... otherwise he can not build and/or link nothing against new libffmpeg ,
and if he needs to build the driver against the new ffmpeg then ffmpeg-devel is needed in sbin/ldconf
This is the worst case scenario , NO OFFENCE but a newbe to update all alone the ffmpeg stack on centos
like distro is a nightmare.

My advice is let the stella be as it is , pump up a fc18 in vbox and mount in vbox
the usb video capture device do your work in fc18 and just save the final result
somewhere in the host.
IMO is the best option.
Of course would much easier to have a fc18, ( or even better a fc19 -rawhide) jail but working in chroot from CLI
is not realistic here.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1042 is a reply to message #1041] Sun, 03 March 2013 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

symbianflo wrote on Sun, 03 March 2013 00:22
Nux no ...it's wrong he'll blow all the mmedia stack.... just a thought ,
he has to make the new ffmpeg system wide available
so ldconfig is a must.... otherwise he can not build and/or link nothing against new libffmpeg

He doesn't need to link anything against the new ffmpeg, he just needs to run the command line so installing it in /opt should suffice.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1050 is a reply to message #1042] Sun, 03 March 2013 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank to debate about what is the best for this/my case.

I'd like to add an info. Last year I had Centos and needed the last SubtitleEditor release. I started to use mock to re-build with src.rmp file from Fedora. I succeeded and got the rpm, it was working! Few time after I found Stella...
As the main rule is to always install rmp, do you think I could try this way instead of a direct compile?
I already have ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.fc19.src.rpm from Fedora
http:// pkgs.org/fedora-rawhide/rpmfusion-free-x86_64/ffmpeg-1.1.1-1 .fc19.x86_64.rpm/download/
This version should suit my needs.

I am reading that to start.
http:// iuscommunity.org/pages/ConfiguringADedicatedRPMDevelopmentBo x.html
If you think it is possible for me (I don't have big knowledge in Linux but more in network and was working previously with M$), I'd be grateful if you could provide a good howto/guide with mock and add some advices to set up a good environment that avoid to break my current well working install.

More important, I like to learn, have some time and would like to be independent for the other apps I need (ie: rubyripper).

Thank for your help.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1051 is a reply to message #926] Sun, 03 March 2013 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Hello,

I recommend you read http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package#M ock_and_Koji , could be a good start.

Regarding this particular case, I think it's more than just packing up RPMs - when you choose to use CENTOS/RHEL, you make a compromise - in that you get stability, predictability and security versus old and not too many packages.

When you start needing more and more and especially newer packages it starts getting tricky. Think hard, maybe you do need Fedora, Rosa, Ubuntu etc, not EL6. Seriously. Smile

Now, to get back to ffmpeg, I must warn you that there's a whole lot of stuff depending on ffmpeg: vlc, mplayer, gstreamer, handbrake - just to name the few that come in my mind now. It's no easy task to upgrade it.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1052 is a reply to message #1051] Sun, 03 March 2013 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand what you mean by compromise but Fedora, Rosa, Ubuntu use Gnome 3. Developers think I am a toddler and I need BIG icons to click on to start an appli with my desktop.
Gnome 2 is what I need and want. Centos and Stella are the only 2 I know with Gnome 2.

I'll read your link and let you know.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1053 is a reply to message #926] Sun, 03 March 2013 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

If it's Gnome2 that you're after then you're in luck, there is MATE. Just install Fedora then do "yum install @mate-desktop". MATE is a fork of Gnome2.
Future Fedora versions will feature a MATE spin, just like they have LXDE and XFCE spins.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1054 is a reply to message #1053] Sun, 03 March 2013 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

nux wrote on Sun, 03 March 2013 17:37
If it's Gnome2 that you're after then you're in luck, there is MATE. Just install Fedora then do "yum install @mate-desktop". MATE is a fork of Gnome2.
Future Fedora versions will feature a MATE spin, just like they have LXDE and XFCE spins.

But if you need a real modern linux with gnome2 ( mate) env. try Rosa Desktop Fresh you'll love it ....
but ffmpeg :
Summary:    Hyper fast MPEG1/MPEG4/H263/RV and AC3/MPEG audio encoder
Name:       ffmpeg
Version:    1.1
Release:    2

maybe it suits you.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 March 2013 18:00]

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1055 is a reply to message #1054] Mon, 04 March 2013 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried first in VM, Rosa Marathon: ROSA.2012.MARATHON.GNOME.x86_64.iso
This version is LTS and ffmpeg is ver: 0.7.12. There is no update in the repo (after activation)

Then I downloaded Rosa Fresh: ROSA.Desktop.Fresh.2012.GNOME.x86_64.iso 26-Jan-2013 20:00 1243611136
from here:
http://mirror.rosalab.ru/unofficial/ROSA.2012.Desktop.GNOME/
md5sum is OK.
This should be a Gnome2 version but I am not sure as the names are not obvious.
ROSA.Desktop.Fresh.2012.GNOME.x86_64.iso 09-Feb-2013 22:44 1G seems to be Gnome3 if I read that
http:// www.linuxbsdos.com/2013/02/12/rosa-desktop-fresh-2012-gnome- preview/
As you can see the names are the same, only the date can do the difference.

In VM, after install I couldn't boot, it stopped without any way to go further.
I installed it in an USB key and couldn't start after GRUB.
So I can't try it.

I had a look in the forum it was a bug in a previous version but I couldn't find when it has been fixed. Moreover, this is a very new distro with a lot of important bugs and this is as well very restricted.
This forum is in 3 languages: Russian, English, French, I don't understand Russian, the bigger part of the forum.
Today it is IMHO premature to use it and I don't know if the Gnome2 will be maintain long time.

Did you install it? How did you get the ffmpeg version in this distro?
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1056 is a reply to message #926] Mon, 04 March 2013 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

MrNice:
Here's the MATE spin of Fedora 18 64bit: http://www.bitchx.ca/Image-FedoraMateCompiz.iso

Give it a try.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1057 is a reply to message #1055] Mon, 04 March 2013 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

MrNice wrote on Mon, 04 March 2013 11:27

ROSA.2012.MARATHON.GNOME.x86_64.iso
is the old LTS rosa version.

yes of course , I'm packager for rosa, and the new ffmpeg is in main/backports or the restricted version (with 264) in restricted/backports.
you have to add this repos (when it ask you to add software sources), and enable it .

But maybe Nux is right , try an rhel-like , is more handy and more newbe friendly , even if is
old-fashion,obsolete, and very less friendly, from packaging POV.
Fedora had to keep the packaging system old/obsolete because it has to be followed by rhel.
And rosa don't have a mate spin you have to install it from a meta-package (urpmi task-mate)
So you better listen to Nux , he's the best Thumbs Up

[Updated on: Mon, 04 March 2013 13:37]

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1058 is a reply to message #1057] Tue, 05 March 2013 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back to the original subject.

My objective was to confirm the ffmpeg bug.

As VM can't access to my USB video capture device, I had to use a live version.
I installed Fedora 18 live in an USB key with Multisystem and Ubuntu 11.04 VM.

I booted Fedora 18 live and installed rpmfusion repo and ffmpeg version 1.0.1.
I run the same command (see post Wed, 13 February 2013 09:56) only changed the file path.
I got the .avi file without any problem.

I confirm the bug in the ffmpeg version 0.10.4.

Now I have to choose what to do, build rmp, Fedora/Mate or Rosa (I have to go further on it).
Question; If I try to build a rmp from src.rpm and I succeed, will you be interested by the final .rpm and the detail process I use to built it?
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1059 is a reply to message #926] Tue, 05 March 2013 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Sure, why not. Good luck with it!
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1060 is a reply to message #1058] Tue, 05 March 2013 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@symbianflo

Quote:
But if you need a real modern linux with gnome2 ( mate) env. try Rosa Desktop Fresh you'll love it ....

I boot ROSA.Desktop.Fresh.2012.GNOME.x86_64.iso 26-Jan-2013 20:00 1243611136 but this is Gnome3.
How to get Gnome2?
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1061 is a reply to message #926] Tue, 05 March 2013 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

MrNice, install that one and then install MATE:
as root do:
urpmi task-mate
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1062 is a reply to message #1057] Wed, 06 March 2013 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

symbianflo wrote on Mon, 04 March 2013 13:36
MrNice wrote on Mon, 04 March 2013 11:27

And rosa don't have a mate spin you have to install it from a meta-package (urpmi task-mate)
So you better listen to Nux , he's the best Thumbs Up

Already wrote you how to install it. Very Happy
Do you manage to install newer ffpeg?

PS:
For rosa related questions I suggest you to ask for help here:
http://rosalinux.ro/
( you may write in english don't worry Very Happy )
So we 'll keep calm Nux ..otherwise he can come down on us like the hammer of God Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 06 March 2013 09:08]

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1063 is a reply to message #926] Wed, 06 March 2013 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

I don't mind these discussions really and we have General Chat (or Rubbish Very Happy ) for off-topic stuff. Smile
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1064 is a reply to message #1063] Thu, 07 March 2013 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First off, if this is not the good place for my ffmpeg rebuild questions please let me know and if possible let me know where it's better.

So - I installed mock and run it many time adding the missing rpm every time. I got some final files without error. Very Happy
/rpmbuild/result/build.log
/rpmbuild/result/ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.src.rpm
/rpmbuild/result/ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
/rpmbuild/result/ffmpeg-debuginfo-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
/rpmbuild/result/ffmpeg-devel-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
/rpmbuild/result/ffmpeg-libs-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
/rpmbuild/result/root.log
/rpmbuild/result/state.log

However, when I tried to install it in a Stella live, I got the error:
error: Failed dependencies:
ffmpeg-libs = 1.1.1-1.el6 is needed by ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64
libavcodec.so.54()(LIBAVCODEC_54)(64bit) is needed by ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64
libavcodec.so.54()(64bit) is needed by ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64

1) As I have the ffmpeg-libs-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm, how to tell rpm to use this local dependency when installing ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm?
2) rpm needs other dependencies, but I checked in the build.log file, there were used when rebuild without error:
Processing files: ffmpeg-libs-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64
Provides: libavcodec.so.54()(64bit) libavcodec.so.54(LIBAVCODEC_54)(64bit) libavdevice.so.54()(64bit) libavdevice.so.54(LIBAVDEVICE_54)(64bit) libavfilter.so.3()(64bit) libavfilter.so.3(LIBAVFILTER_3)(64bit) libavformat.so.54()(64bit) libavformat.so.54(LIBAVFORMAT_54)(64bit) libavutil.so.52()(64bit) libavutil.so.52(LIBAVUTIL_52)(64bit) libpostproc.so.52()(64bit) libpostproc.so.52(LIBPOSTPROC_52)(64bit) libswresample.so.0()(64bit) libswresample.so.0(LIBSWRESAMPLE_0)(64bit) libswscale.so.2()(64bit) libswscale.so.2(LIBSWSCALE_2)(64bit)
Requires(interp): /sbin/ldconfig /sbin/ldconfig
Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
Requires(post): /sbin/ldconfig
Requires(postun): /sbin/ldconfig
Requires: libSDL-1.2.so.0()(64bit) libX11.so.6()(64bit) libXext.so.6()(64bit) libXfixes.so.3()(64bit) libasound.so.2()(64bit) libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9)(64bit) libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9.0rc4)(64bit) libass.so.4()(64bit) libavcodec.so.54()(64bit) libavcodec.so.54(LIBAVCODEC_54)(64bit) libavdevice.so.54()(64bit) libavfilter.so.3()(64bit) libavfilter.so.3(LIBAVFILTER_3)(64bit)

Why rpm complains at install? Are the dependencies inside the rebuild rpm or not?
3) Any suggestion are welcome

Many thanks for you time.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1065 is a reply to message #1064] Thu, 07 March 2013 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

MrNice wrote on Thu, 07 March 2013 08:33
First off, if this is not the good place for my ffmpeg rebuild questions please let me know and if possible let me know where it's better.

So - I installed mock and run it many time adding the missing rpm every time. I got some final files without error. Very Happy
/rpmbuild/result/build.log
/rpmbuild/result/ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.src.rpm
/rpmbuild/result/ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
/rpmbuild/result/ffmpeg-debuginfo-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
/rpmbuild/result/ffmpeg-devel-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
/rpmbuild/result/ffmpeg-libs-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
/rpmbuild/result/root.log
/rpmbuild/result/state.log

However, when I tried to install it in a Stella live, I got the error:
ffmpeg-libs = 1.1.1-1.el6 is needed by ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64
libavcodec.so.54()(LIBAVCODEC_54)(64bit) is needed by ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64
libavcodec.so.54()(64bit) is needed by ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64

Here is missing the most important part repalce the "......." with all the error

MrNice wrote on Thu, 07 March 2013 08:33

1) As I have the ffmpeg-libs-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm, how to tell rpm to use this local dependency when installing ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm?
2) rpm needs other dependencies, but I checked in the build.log file, there were used when rebuild without error:
Provides: libavcodec.so.54()(64bit) libavcodec.so.54(LIBAVCODEC_54)(64bit) libavdevice.so.54()(64bit) libavdevice.so.54(LIBAVDEVICE_54)(64bit) libavfilter.so.3()(64bit) libavfilter.so.3(LIBAVFILTER_3)(64bit) libavformat.so.54()(64bit) libavformat.so.54(LIBAVFORMAT_54)(64bit) libavutil.so.52()(64bit) libavutil.so.52(LIBAVUTIL_52)(64bit) libpostproc.so.52()(64bit) libpostproc.so.52(LIBPOSTPROC_52)(64bit) libswresample.so.0()(64bit) libswresample.so.0(LIBSWRESAMPLE_0)(64bit) libswscale.so.2()(64bit) libswscale.so.2(LIBSWSCALE_2)(64bit)
Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
Requires: libSDL-1.2.so.0()(64bit) libX11.so.6()(64bit) libXext.so.6()(64bit) libXfixes.so.3()(64bit) libasound.so.2()(64bit) libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9)(64bit) libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9.0rc4)(64bit) libass.so.4()(64bit) libavcodec.so.54()(64bit) libavcodec.so.54(LIBAVCODEC_54)(64bit) libavdevice.so.54()(64bit) libavfilter.so.3()(64bit) libavfilter.so.3(LIBAVFILTER_3)(64bit)

Why rpm complains at install? Are the dependencies inside the rebuild rpm or not?
3) Any suggestion are welcome

Many thanks for you time.

Try this put ffmpeg, ffmpeg-libs, and ffmpeg-devel in a separate folder,
open a shell in that folder and try this as root:
rpm -i *.rpm

and you have the correct error, the external packages that need the old ffmpeg to run.
I'll try the nux way, meaning to install ffmpeg in /opt without sbin/ldconfig.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 March 2013 09:22]

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1066 is a reply to message #1065] Thu, 07 March 2013 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did it and got only 2 errors
rpm -i *.rpm
libopus.so.0()(64bit) is needed by ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64
libx264.so.118()(64bit) is needed by ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64

Hard to attach build.log it is 4.1 MB.
extract of the end of the file:
Requires: libSDL-1.2.so.0()(64bit) libX11.so.6()(64bit) libXext.so.6()(64bit) libXfixes.so.3()(64bit) libasound.so.2()(64bit) libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9)(64bit) libasound.so.2(ALSA_0.9.0rc4)(64bit) libass.so.4()(64bit) libavcodec.so.54()(64bit) libavcodec.so.54(LIBAVCODEC_54)(64bit) libavdevice.so.54()(64bit) libavfilter.so.3()(64bit) libavfilter.so.3(LIBAVFILTER_3)(64bit) libavformat.so.54()(64bit) libavformat.so.54(LIBAVFORMAT_54)(64bit) libavutil.so.52()(64bit) libavutil.so.52(LIBAVUTIL_52)(64bit) libbz2.so.1()(64bit) libc.so.6()(64bit) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.6)(64bit) libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.7)(64bit) libcdio_cdda.so.0()(64bit) libcdio_cdda.so.0(CDIO_CDDA_0)(64bit) libcdio_paranoia.so.0()(64bit) libcdio_paranoia.so.0(CDIO_PARANOIA_0)(64bit) libdc1394.so.22()(64bit) libfreetype.so.6()(64bit) libgcrypt.so.11()(64bit) libgcrypt.so.11(GCRYPT_1.2)(64bit) libgnutls.so.26()(64bit) libgnutls.so.26(GNUTLS_1_4)(64bit) libgsm.so.1()(64bit) libm.so.6()(64bit) libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit) libmp3lame.so.0()(64bit) libopenal.so.1()(64bit) libopenjpeg.so.2()(64bit) libopus.so.0()(64bit) libpostproc.so.52()(64bit) libpostproc.so.52(LIBPOSTPROC_52)(64bit) libpthread.so.0()(64bit) libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit) libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.3.2)(64bit) libpulse-simple.so.0()(64bit) libpulse-simple.so.0(PULSE_0)(64bit) libpulse.so.0()(64bit) libpulse.so.0(PULSE_0)(64bit) librt.so.1()(64bit) librt.so.1(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit) libschroedinger-1.0.so.0()(64bit) libspeex.so.1()(64bit) libswresample.so.0()(64bit) libswresample.so.0(LIBSWRESAMPLE_0)(64bit) libswscale.so.2()(64bit) libswscale.so.2(LIBSWSCALE_2)(64bit) libtheoradec.so.1()(64bit) libtheoradec.so.1(libtheoradec_1.0)(64bit) libtheoraenc.so.1()(64bit) libtheoraenc.so.1(libtheoraenc_1.0)(64bit) libv4l2.so.0()(64bit) libva.so.1()(64bit) libvorbis.so.0()(64bit) libvorbisenc.so.2()(64bit) libx264.so.118()(64bit) libxvidcore.so.4()(64bit) libz.so.1()(64bit) rtld(GNU_HASH)
Processing files: ffmpeg-devel-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64
Executing(%doc): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.vpqHB3
+ umask 022
+ cd /builddir/build/BUILD
+ cd ffmpeg-1.1.1
+ DOCDIR=/builddir/build/BUILDROOT/ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64/usr/share/doc/ffmpeg-devel-1.1.1
+ export DOCDIR
+ rm -rf /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64/usr/share/doc/ffmpeg-devel-1.1.1
+ /bin/mkdir -p /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64/usr/share/doc/ffmpeg-devel-1.1.1
+ cp -pr MAINTAINERS doc/APIchanges doc/avutil.txt doc/build_system.txt doc/errno.txt doc/ffmpeg.txt doc/filter_design.txt doc/git-howto.txt doc/issue_tracker.txt doc/mips.txt doc/multithreading.txt doc/optimization.txt doc/rate_distortion.txt doc/snow.txt doc/soc.txt doc/swresample.txt doc/swscale.txt doc/tablegen.txt doc/viterbi.txt /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64/usr/share/doc/ffmpeg-devel-1.1.1
+ exit 0
Provides: pkgconfig(libavcodec) = 54.86.100 pkgconfig(libavdevice) = 54.3.102 pkgconfig(libavfilter) = 3.32.100 pkgconfig(libavformat) = 54.59.106 pkgconfig(libavutil) = 52.13.100 pkgconfig(libpostproc) = 52.2.100 pkgconfig(libswresample) = 0.17.102 pkgconfig(libswscale) = 2.1.103
Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1 rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1
Requires: /usr/bin/pkg-config libavcodec.so.54()(64bit) libavdevice.so.54()(64bit) libavfilter.so.3()(64bit) libavformat.so.54()(64bit) libavutil.so.52()(64bit) libpostproc.so.52()(64bit) libswresample.so.0()(64bit) libswscale.so.2()(64bit) pkgconfig(libavcodec) = 54.86.100 pkgconfig(libavfilter) = 3.32.100 pkgconfig(libavformat) = 54.59.106 pkgconfig(libavutil) = 52.13.100 pkgconfig(libpostproc) = 52.2.100 pkgconfig(libswresample) = 0.17.102 pkgconfig(libswscale) = 2.1.103
Processing files: ffmpeg-debuginfo-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64
Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64
Wrote: /builddir/build/RPMS/ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
Wrote: /builddir/build/RPMS/ffmpeg-libs-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
Wrote: /builddir/build/RPMS/ffmpeg-devel-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
Wrote: /builddir/build/RPMS/ffmpeg-debuginfo-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
Executing(%clean): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.LPKVdK
+ umask 022
+ cd /builddir/build/BUILD
+ cd ffmpeg-1.1.1
+ /bin/rm -rf /builddir/build/BUILDROOT/ffmpeg-1.1.1-1.el6.x86_64
+ exit 0
Child return code was: 0
LEAVE do --> 

libopus.so.0 and libx264.so.118 can be found only once in the build.log in the "Requires:" paragraph.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1067 is a reply to message #1066] Thu, 07 March 2013 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok never mind , I 'll rebuild it as ffmpeg-opt , but remember that that your new ffmpeg path will be
/opt, and will coexist with the present ffmpeg, and will NOT be available system wide , so for every single command
that recall the new ffmpeg you'll have to include the absolute path :
/opt/usr/bin/ffmpeg

I'll update this post when done , (just hope that Nux is got it right)
Wrote: /media/home/symbianflo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ffmpeg-opt-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64.rpm
Wrote: /media/home/symbianflo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ffmpeg-opt-libs-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64.rpm
Wrote: /media/home/symbianflo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ffmpeg-opt-devel-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64.rpm

Install no err , now is up to you to check if it works:
(do not bother with my "urpmi"command you just use "rpm -i" or "yum install"
I have functions for yum flags that I use cross-distros)

┌─[ symbianflo @ localhost ] - [ Stella-MRB ] 
└─[ [ MRB:aint_no_shit ] $]> urpmi /media/home/symbianflo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/*
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: centos.fastbull.org
 * centosplus: centos.fastbull.org
 * contrib: centos.fastbull.org
 * elrepo: mirrors.ircam.fr
 * elrepo-extras: mirrors.ircam.fr
 * epel: mirror.switch.ch
 * extras: centos.fastbull.org
 * nux-dextop: li.nux.ro
 * nux-libreoffice: li.nux.ro
 * updates: centos.fastbull.org
Setting up Install Process
Examining /media/home/symbianflo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ffmpeg-opt-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64.rpm: ffmpeg-opt-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64
Marking /media/home/symbianflo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ffmpeg-opt-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64.rpm to be installed
Examining /media/home/symbianflo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ffmpeg-opt-devel-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64.rpm: ffmpeg-opt-devel-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64
Marking /media/home/symbianflo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ffmpeg-opt-devel-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64.rpm to be installed
Examining /media/home/symbianflo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ffmpeg-opt-libs-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64.rpm: ffmpeg-opt-libs-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64
Marking /media/home/symbianflo/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/ffmpeg-opt-libs-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64.rpm to be installed
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package ffmpeg-opt.x86_64 0:1.1.3-2stella will be installed
---> Package ffmpeg-opt-devel.x86_64 0:1.1.3-2stella will be installed
---> Package ffmpeg-opt-libs.x86_64 0:1.1.3-2stella will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

==============================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                    Arch                             Version                                   Repository                                                        Size
==============================================================================================================================================================================================
Installing:
 ffmpeg-opt                                 x86_64                           1.1.3-2stella                             /ffmpeg-opt-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64                                 1.2 M
 ffmpeg-opt-devel                           x86_64                           1.1.3-2stella                             /ffmpeg-opt-devel-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64                           821 k
 ffmpeg-opt-libs                            x86_64                           1.1.3-2stella                             /ffmpeg-opt-libs-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64                             50 M

Transaction Summary
Install       3 Package(s)

Total size: 52 M
Installed size: 52 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Installing : ffmpeg-opt-libs-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64                                                                                                                                       1/3 
  Installing : ffmpeg-opt-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64                                                                                                                                            2/3 
  Installing : ffmpeg-opt-devel-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64                                                                                                                                      3/3 
  Verifying  : ffmpeg-opt-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64                                                                                                                                            1/3 
  Verifying  : ffmpeg-opt-libs-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64                                                                                                                                       2/3 
  Verifying  : ffmpeg-opt-devel-1.1.3-2stella.x86_64                                                                                                                                      3/3 

Installed:
  ffmpeg-opt.x86_64 0:1.1.3-2stella                          ffmpeg-opt-devel.x86_64 0:1.1.3-2stella                          ffmpeg-opt-libs.x86_64 0:1.1.3-2stella                         

Complete!
┌─[ symbianflo @ localhost ] - [ Stella-MRB ] 
└─[ [ MRB:aint_no_shit ] $]> 

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1068 is a reply to message #926] Thu, 07 March 2013 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

LE:
http://mrb.mandrivausers.ro/MRB/stella/testing/ffmeg-opt/
choose your %arch and try it .

Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1069 is a reply to message #1068] Thu, 07 March 2013 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got the 3 rpm, in a directory and tried to install it with
rpm -i *rpm
warning: ffmpeg-opt-..... NOKEY
libopus.so.0()(64bit) is needed....

yum install *.rpm
Installing for dependencies:
opus x86_64 1.0.2.-1.el6 epel 626 k
Dependency Installed:
opus.x86_64 0:1.0.2.-1.el6

Complete!

Install is OK.
/opt/usr/bin/ffmpeg
/opt/usr/bin/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libacdevice.so.54: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

That said, thank you for what you do but I don't want to bother you.
If you don't want to spend more time with that, just let me know, I'll change my distro.
Could you tell how far to complete I am with mock? Maybe it's difficult to know. Do you think I can go further with some help from you? I am interested because I learn at the same time and I could do more rebuild with other appli I need.

I repeat, don't worry if for any reason you stop, just let me know.
Re: ffmpeg update request [message #1070 is a reply to message #1069] Fri, 08 March 2013 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

I think I know what is the problem... ffmpeg looks for shared libs and headers in %_libdir ( /usr/lib or /usr/lib64) not in opt/....
I'll give it another try in %post to symlink them in %_libdir.
And yeah ...about you building in mock, ffmpeg.... listen NO OFFENCE AT ALL you can not do it .
First of all mock is met to be a tool for advanced packagers, and since I have trouble packaging using mock on stella
( as a matter of fact I 've backported newer mock for me) I don't think you'll be able to have a working build in this moment and with your
present level of knowledge. And again no offense intended ...
Previous Topic: New Package
Next Topic: 4kdownload
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 22 19:54:28 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02295 seconds