Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » [req] pdftk or similar (pdf rpm package request)
[req] pdftk or similar [message #1253] Fri, 10 May 2013 07:52 Go to next message
loopnode
Hi Nux!

I need to merge a couple of pdf single pages into one document. The pdftk package is a pdf manipulation tool available for Fedora (& Ubuntu), so, wondering if you could package it for Stella. Or does someone here know of a program for my purpose already in Stella that I've overlooked?

Thanks,
-loop
Re: [req] pdftk or similar [message #1254 is a reply to message #1253] Fri, 10 May 2013 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello Earthling,

There are several packages already in Stella to deal with PDFs, here's what a quick `yum search` revealed:

pdfshuffler.noarch : PDF file merging, rearranging, and splitting
pdfjam.noarch : Utilities for joining, rotating and aligning PDFs
pdfedit.x86_64 : A complete pdf document editing solution
pdfmerge.noarch : Command line utility program for merging PDF files
libreoffice-pdfimport.x86_64 : PDF Importer for LibreOffice Draw
podofo.x86_64 : Tools and libraries to work with the PDF file format
xournal.x86_64 : Notetaking, sketching, PDF annotation and general journal

Let me know if none of the above solve your problem and I can look into backporting pdftk.

Re: [req] pdftk or similar [message #1260 is a reply to message #1254] Fri, 10 May 2013 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
loopnode
nux wrote on Fri, 10 May 2013 02:04
Hello Earthling,

There are several packages already in Stella to deal with PDFs, here's what a quick `yum search` revealed:

pdfshuffler.noarch : PDF file merging, rearranging, and splitting
pdfjam.noarch : Utilities for joining, rotating and aligning PDFs
pdfedit.x86_64 : A complete pdf document editing solution
pdfmerge.noarch : Command line utility program for merging PDF files
libreoffice-pdfimport.x86_64 : PDF Importer for LibreOffice Draw
podofo.x86_64 : Tools and libraries to work with the PDF file format
xournal.x86_64 : Notetaking, sketching, PDF annotation and general journal

Let me know if none of the above solve your problem and I can look into backporting pdftk.

Hey Nux!

Cool. Yes, 'yum seach' works better than 'yum list'; sorry my goof. After my
1st note I found a thread here where PDFshuffler & PDFedit were mentioned & installed
PSFshuffler.

Anyway, I was going to cancel my request, but wanted to test a few beforehand. I think there
are enough PDF tools for me already. My problem was/is more about print quality than PDF
per se, & aligning front & back-sides of a duplex page from Inkscape/Gimp for cutting.
I wasn't happy with my test results, but might have to rework everything at 600dpi instead
of 300dpi, & tweak the alignments a few times. Maybe then I'll get what I want to see.
Maybe I wont. My printer might not be up to it. Sad

So, no need to bother backporting pdftk. I'm perhaps going to have to rethink this a little.

Thanks for the assistance,

-loop
Re: [req] pdftk or similar [message #1263 is a reply to message #1253] Fri, 10 May 2013 22:59 Go to previous message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Good luck! Smile
Previous Topic: [REQ] Nautilus Elementary
Next Topic: Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software for Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 20 00:02:23 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04325 seconds