Nux!

Home » Stella » General chat » Donation To Stella Dev
Donation To Stella Dev [message #1369] Wed, 26 June 2013 07:53 Go to next message
twelph is currently offline  twelph
Been looking around the website to find a place to donate directly to the Stella developer, but have had no luck. I want to make sure the dev knows to stick around for CentOS 7 later this year! Point me towards your paypal email or something Nux!

[Updated on: Wed, 26 June 2013 08:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Donation To Stella Dev [message #1370 is a reply to message #1369] Wed, 26 June 2013 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello and thanks for your thoughts.

The fact even few people use and appreciate Stella or my repos is reward enough for me. Smile

I'll be around for Centos 7, wish me good health. Smile

Re: Donation To Stella Dev [message #1371 is a reply to message #1370] Wed, 26 June 2013 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your awesome work. I downloaded Stella hoping to transfer as many of the ideas as I could over to my RHEL install. I soon realized that the quality of your remix far exceeds what I was expecting from one developer. It's nice to install a distro and have everything already set up perfectly.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 June 2013 16:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Donation To Stella Dev [message #1372 is a reply to message #1369] Wed, 26 June 2013 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Thanks for your praise, but I haven't done that much.
Yes, there are nice little touches here and there like ctrl+alt+t or sudo (add yourself to wheel group), but this is mainly Centos+EPEL+nux-dextop, so if you use RHEL, just enable EPEL and my nux-dextop repo and you're set.

Re: Donation To Stella Dev [message #1373 is a reply to message #1372] Wed, 26 June 2013 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux wrote on Wed, 26 June 2013 12:02
Thanks for your praise, but I haven't done that much.
Yes, there are nice little touches here and there like ctrl+alt+t or sudo (add yourself to wheel group), but this is mainly Centos+EPEL+nux-dextop, so if you use RHEL, just enable EPEL and my nux-dextop repo and you're set.

Instead of having to use the rpmforge/remi repos for multimedia playback while messing with priorities to keep them from conflicting with epel. I'm assuming nux-desktop circumvents all of that. I might switch back and use the repo in RHEL, but for now I'm enjoying the jagged lines of the Stella logo Smile
Re: Donation To Stella Dev [message #1374 is a reply to message #1369] Wed, 26 June 2013 21:04 Go to previous message
Administrator

Well, enjoy then and let me know if you hit any problems. Smile
Previous Topic: font rendering
Next Topic: Mirror for Stella
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 26 12:23:54 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01133 seconds