Nux!

Home » Stella » Report a problem or request a feature » YouTube Wont Play Properly
YouTube Wont Play Properly [message #1458] Tue, 17 September 2013 06:44 Go to next message
Mike is currently offline  Mike
I tried Stella just over a year ago and everything worked well except for replaying youtube videos. While the videos play the audio stutters every few seconds.
I have tried Stella on two different PCs as well as a laptop and the problem exists on all. I would truly like to use Stella OS as my everyday system but this
one problem is stopping me. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Re: YouTube Wont Play Properly [message #1460 is a reply to message #1458] Tue, 17 September 2013 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

This is the first time I hear about sound problems with youtube and I have seen several Stella installations working without issues.

How are you accessing youtube? Flash in Firefox? What kind of hardware do you have?

Re: YouTube Wont Play Properly [message #1489 is a reply to message #1458] Sun, 06 October 2013 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike is currently offline  Mike
I think I have found the answer to my problem.
My initial downloud of Stella 6.4_x86_64.1.iso was from using 100 Mbps, IPv4, IPv6 (thanks Romanian Linux Users Group!) as it provided the most reliable donload link here in Melbourne.

I have since tried downloading the same from 1 Gbps, IPv4, IPv6 (thanks RCS & RDS!) and after installing and updating I get no interruptions to youtube replays. I don't quite understand what is going on but these are my findings !!

Question I want to use Skype.....would it be better to use Stella x32 instead of x64bit?

Hope this helps.
Re: YouTube Wont Play Properly [message #1490 is a reply to message #1458] Sun, 06 October 2013 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hi and thanks for the feedback. I'll check and make sure the images are the same across all mirrors.

Regarding Skype, it is a 32bit-only application, but it should work equally well (or not well) on 64bit provided you install the required 32bit libs; usually "yum install skype" does that for you.

Most Linux installations these days are 64 bit.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 October 2013 11:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: YouTube Wont Play Properly [message #1513 is a reply to message #1490] Mon, 21 October 2013 09:28 Go to previous message
ongoto is currently offline  ongoto
Hello...
I had to right click on flash player (running on youtube) and select settings.
Then uncheck []Hardware acceleration.

I think it's a flash problem, not a distro thing.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 October 2013 09:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: transaction error updating gstreamer
Next Topic: Brasero only works with root user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:23:32 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01352 seconds