Nux!

Home » Stella » Report a problem or request a feature » time/duration bar doesn't show in totem (time/duration data doesn't show in totem progress bar)
time/duration bar doesn't show in totem [message #1604] Thu, 05 December 2013 02:21 Go to next message
mitu is currently offline  mitu
Hi, I'm facing this weird issue on Totem Player - it does not show the duration of audio and/and video in the normal mode, only there's one "time:" in the beginning of seekbar (have a look at the screenshot). I fiddled around the plugins and preferences, but could not find any solution to get the "duration" thing back into the player control. In fullscreen mode the time data is visible on mouse or keybord action.

This issue has been posted in centos forum https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43805], but there nobody seems to give a $hit to desktop issues. As nux people have some love for desktop I posted this issue again here. Please help me out. Have a look at the screenshot.

index.php?t=getfile&id=114&private=0

Also, have a look at all the packages installed on my system (attached all_packages.txt.bz2) and suggest me if I'm missing anything that's causing this problem. I doubt the latest totem (that came with 6.5 updates) has this bug, not sure though.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 December 2013 05:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: time/duration bar doesn't show in totem [message #1605 is a reply to message #1604] Thu, 05 December 2013 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hi,

Yes, the problem is reproducible it seems. The guy in CentOS forums suggests it's a gstreamer problem, but I just provide additional gstreamer rpms, do not overwrite Base ones. For example OGG/OGV videos have the same problem even if they are being played with the CentOS gstreamer plugins.

I'm thinking it may be a font problem, let me test a while.
Re: time/duration bar doesn't show in totem [message #1606 is a reply to message #1605] Thu, 05 December 2013 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Nux! You've been a great relief as always. I am waiting for a fix.
Re: time/duration bar doesn't show in totem [message #1607 is a reply to message #1604] Thu, 05 December 2013 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Right, ok, it's not my repo, that much I can tell. I just loaded up the official CentOS 6.5 LiveCD, installed totem from Base and played an OGG video, same problem.
http://img.nux.ro/F34-totemproblem.png

Can you take this upstream (RH bugzilla)?
Re: time/duration bar doesn't show in totem [message #1608 is a reply to message #1607] Thu, 05 December 2013 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the confirmation. I'll post it rh bugzilla. but i'm not well aware of how to do it in proper way. Of course, I'll raise this issue there.
Re: time/duration bar doesn't show in totem [message #1609 is a reply to message #1607] Thu, 05 December 2013 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux wrote on Thu, 05 December 2013 11:09
Right, ok, it's not my repo, that much I can tell. I just loaded up the official CentOS 6.5 LiveCD, installed totem from Base and played an OGG video, same problem.
http://img.nux.ro/F34-totemproblem.png

Can you take this upstream (RH bugzilla)?

Hi Nux, submitted a bug to rh bugzilla, but i'm not sure if i did it in proper manner. here is the bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1038578 please see if it's ok.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 December 2013 11:48]

Re: time/duration bar doesn't show in totem [message #1610 is a reply to message #1604] Thu, 05 December 2013 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

You're awesome! Smile
Re: time/duration bar doesn't show in totem [message #1611 is a reply to message #1604] Thu, 05 December 2013 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

If the bug gets any attention, might be worth linking it in the CentOS forums, for other lost souls. Smile
Re: time/duration bar doesn't show in totem [message #1612 is a reply to message #1611] Thu, 05 December 2013 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haa.ha... sure, i'll do! but this instance made me wonder that how RH could push such half-baked stuff out of its door... shoddy culture, bad QA/QC or just plain turning a blind eye to the desktop?

[Updated on: Thu, 05 December 2013 16:15]

Re: time/duration bar doesn't show in totem [message #1613 is a reply to message #1604] Thu, 05 December 2013 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Heh, maybe a bit of all that, 6.5 was a very big effort I'd say, they worked a lot to bring very cool stuff that you can only find in the latest and greatest, and they backported it in the "ancient" 2.6.32. Loads of drivers, kernel improvements (namespaces for lxc, openstack etc) and so on, it's normal for other stuff to get overlooked once in a while, but that's where we kick in. At least we reported the damn thing, let's see if they can offer a fix.

Re: time/duration bar doesn't show in totem [message #1614 is a reply to message #1613] Fri, 06 December 2013 00:49 Go to previous message
very right.
Previous Topic: Latest updates
Next Topic: Xiphos/Bibletime Installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 21:38:43 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01341 seconds