Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » package request: gpodder and pdfmod or pdfshuffler (request for packages - missing dependencies)
package request: gpodder and pdfmod or pdfshuffler [message #142] Thu, 16 February 2012 21:09 Go to next message
nano is currently offline  nano
Hi,

stella is a nice CentOS compilation, congratulations!
I like it Smile and i'm giving it a spin on my harddrive.

A request: gpodder is somewehre in a redhat community reopsitory, but installation fails due to missing dependencies.
same thing about pdfshuffler, fails due to missing dependencies.

Would be very nice to get gpodder and a tool for easy pdf document modification (pdfshuffler, pdfmod or any equivalent)!

Best Regards,
nano

Re: package request: gpodder and pdfmod or pdfshuffler [message #145 is a reply to message #142] Thu, 16 February 2012 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello nano,

We'll have a look at those packages.
We already have pdfedit in the repo; does that help you?

Re: package request: gpodder and pdfmod or pdfshuffler [message #146 is a reply to message #142] Thu, 16 February 2012 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

gpodder - yes, this is in EPEL.. should have the deps there as well, but it doesnt. EPEL fail I guess. I'll try to get a message to the maintainer and provide the deps myself in the meanwhile.
same for pdfshuffler ...

[Updated on: Thu, 16 February 2012 22:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: package request: gpodder and pdfmod or pdfshuffler [message #147 is a reply to message #142] Thu, 16 February 2012 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Nano,

I think I "fixed" it, at least temporarily. Please try the following and let me know if it works:

yum clean metadata && yum install gpodder pdfshuffler

Re: package request: gpodder and pdfmod or pdfshuffler [message #148 is a reply to message #142] Thu, 16 February 2012 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

I've also contacted the maintainer fabian@bernewireless.net about these problems, let's hope he will correct them in EPEL.

Re: package request: gpodder and pdfmod or pdfshuffler [message #150 is a reply to message #145] Sat, 18 February 2012 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
We already have pdfedit in the repo; does that help you?

Hi Nux,

thanks a lot for quick reply and information!!
pfdedit: i'll try and see ...

Best Regards,

nano

[Updated on: Sat, 18 February 2012 10:18]

Re: package request: gpodder and pdfmod or pdfshuffler [message #151 is a reply to message #147] Sat, 18 February 2012 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nux wrote on Thu, 16 February 2012 22:39
Nano,

I think I "fixed" it, at least temporarily. Please try the following and let me know if it works:

yum clean metadata && yum install gpodder pdfshuffler

Hi Nux,

the above term solved the problem! Thank you a lot!
gpodder and pdfshuffler did install then without any errors Smile

Best Regards,

nano
Re: package request: gpodder and pdfmod or pdfshuffler [message #152 is a reply to message #148] Sat, 18 February 2012 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nux wrote on Thu, 16 February 2012 22:47
I've also contacted the maintainer fabian@bernewireless.net about these problems, let's hope he will correct them in EPEL.

Thank you very much for your concern and engagement! It's appreciated a lot Smile

Best Regards,

nano
Re: package request: gpodder and pdfmod or pdfshuffler [message #153 is a reply to message #142] Sat, 18 February 2012 12:16 Go to previous message
Administrator

No worries, these problems need to be fixed.

Opened bugs with redhat:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=794970
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=794971

[Updated on: Sat, 18 February 2012 12:23]

Previous Topic: Sylpheed Email Application
Next Topic: PDFmod - Package Request - alternatives?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 22:58:19 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01373 seconds