Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » Krusader and K9 copy (How do I install them in Stella)
Krusader and K9 copy [message #1765] Tue, 27 May 2014 03:19 Go to next message
jodie is currently offline  jodie
Could someone please tell me if, and then how I can get Krusader and K9 copy in Stella?

I would also like to have VLC, Asunder and Calibre out of the box, however, I can live without them for the time being.

I did manage to install Calibre, but the others are beyond my ability.

I really would like to replace the distro I am using at the moment, and think that Stella could work for me if only I have these other apps. From first looks it is almost how I would have designed a desktop myself, if I only knew how.
Re: Krusader and K9 copy [message #1766 is a reply to message #1765] Tue, 27 May 2014 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello,

I have added Krusader and Asunder to my repo, however K9copy failed to build and I haven't insisted. IF you want to rip stuff you can use Handbrake (or VLC which is also in my repo, btw).
Calibre - I remember trying to build it once and it proved a major PITA, but glad you sorted that manually.

Let me know if you need any more packages. Please test Krusader and Asunder and let me know if you have problems with them, I have not tested them at all.
Re: Krusader and K9 copy [message #1769 is a reply to message #1766] Sat, 31 May 2014 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thankyou very much for your response. Krusader installed successfully and works as expected. Asunder installed, but there are two instances of it on the Applications menu. I tried to rip a CD to mp3, which is what I normally use. However, it needed LAME of course. I tried to install LAME, but got the following error message:
lame-3.98.4-1.el6.nux.x86_64 requires lame-libs = 3.98.4-1.el6.nux.

I am not sure what this means, or what I need to do next.

Why I aked about K9 copy... I have used Handbrake a number of times, but it only rips to mp4 format. On occasions I need to rip a DVD to the original format, to burn to another DVD. I also use VLC a lot, but did not know you could rip DVDs with it. I'll investigate that.
Re: Krusader and K9 copy [message #1770 is a reply to message #1765] Sat, 31 May 2014 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

How did you try to install lame/lame-libs? If you are using my repo the deps should be satisfied automatically by yum.
Re: Krusader and K9 copy [message #1774 is a reply to message #1770] Tue, 03 June 2014 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I opened the Add/Remove Software app
I searched for LAME
I just checked the box and clicked on Apply

If I need to use the terminal, please put detailed instructions that I can copy and paste.

Thankyou for your time
Re: Krusader and K9 copy [message #1775 is a reply to message #1765] Tue, 03 June 2014 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Open a terminal and run "su -" to become root
then run:
"yum install lame"

Let me know what output (especially errors) you get.
Re: Krusader and K9 copy [message #1779 is a reply to message #1775] Thu, 05 June 2014 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thankyou for your response. I followed your instructions and it all worked well. Ripped a cd to mp3 to make sure. Copying the output as you requested, but no errors that I can see.

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: mirror.colocity.com
* elrepo: mirror.web24.net.au
* epel: epel.syd.au.glomirror.com.au
* extras: mirror.colocity.com
* nux-dextop: li.nux.ro
* updates: mirror.mel.bkb.net.au
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package lame.x86_64 0:3.99.5-1.el6.nux will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

============================================================ ====================
Package Arch Version Repository Size
============================================================ ====================
Installing:
lame x86_64 3.99.5-1.el6.nux nux-dextop 125 k

Transaction Summary
Install 1 Package(s)

Total download size: 125 k
Installed size: 429 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
lame-3.99.5-1.el6.nux.x86_64.rpm | 125 kB 00:01
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
Installing : lame-3.99.5-1.el6.nux.x86_64 1/1
Verifying : lame-3.99.5-1.el6.nux.x86_64 1/1

Installed:
lame.x86_64 0:3.99.5-1.el6.nux

Complete!
Re: Krusader and K9 copy [message #1781 is a reply to message #1765] Fri, 06 June 2014 09:19 Go to previous message
Administrator

That's great, let me know if you hit further issues.
Previous Topic: (New) Fossil
Next Topic: K9copy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 25 15:15:24 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01507 seconds