Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » Package idea - a downloader for X
Package idea - a downloader for X [message #176] Sat, 25 February 2012 16:27 Go to next message
nano is currently offline  nano
Hello,

the rich featured tool "downloader for X" (d4x) is not in the CentOS 6 (community) repos. However, I found it in the repos of CentOS 5 and could install it without any problems.

For example, the package can be found there:
http:// pkgs.org/centos-5-rhel-5/epel-i386/d4x-2.5.7.1-8.el5.i386.rp m.html

A good dowload tool would be nice in the stella desktops centOS 6 repos.
An alternative option might be the outdated tool kget, which installs under the gnome desktop with a lot of dependencies, of course.

Is there another good tool like d4x in the repos?
I did not find any equivalent.

Best Regards,

nano
Re: Package idea - a downloader for X [message #178 is a reply to message #176] Sat, 25 February 2012 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
symbianflo is currently offline  symbianflo

hi
I'm using only wget and proz .... never found better downloader
Re: Package idea - a downloader for X [message #179 is a reply to message #176] Sat, 25 February 2012 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello nano,

D4x seems like abandonware or similar (the homepage shows a "403 forbidden") as it doesn't show up in recent Fedora releases. I will try to build for you Multiget, let me know if it would be a reasonable solution.

Re: Package idea - a downloader for X [message #182 is a reply to message #178] Sat, 25 February 2012 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
symbianflo wrote on Sat, 25 February 2012 20:06
hi
I'm using only wget and proz .... never found better downloader

thanks for the hint, i'm a typical gui desktop user and will use those commandline tools (with exception of yum) only in case of emergency Wink

Best Regards,

nano
[solved] Re: Package idea - a downloader for X [message #183 is a reply to message #179] Sat, 25 February 2012 23:08 Go to previous message
Nux wrote on Sat, 25 February 2012 21:08
... D4x seems like abandonware or similar (the homepage shows a "403 forbidden") as it doesn't show up in recent Fedora releases. I will try to build for you Multiget, let me know if it would be a reasonable solution.

Hello Nux,

seems to be a reasonable and useful option, i've been visiting the website.
Thanks for the offer to try building a package, it's highly appreciated!

Best Regards,

nano

[Updated on: Sat, 03 March 2012 15:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: gdmsetup
Next Topic: Firefox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 10:30:24 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00998 seconds