Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » How do I submit a package? (makemkv)
How do I submit a package? [message #2409] Fri, 26 September 2014 18:59 Go to next message
schotty is currently offline  schotty
I think I have a good srpm+spec combo made that I would like to submit if possible to you Nux. How can I do that most easily? The package in question is makemkv. I took apart an srpm for f20 and fixed some things for el7. I havent extensively tested it yet, but I should be able to iron out any kinks that arrive when I do get a chance (this weekend). I figure I should ask now, get any bugs squashed and massage the spec to your liking. I can also provide mock info and rpmlint data too.

My process was this:
Make spec
Build spec into (s)rpm
Generate a mock cfg that is epel7 + your repo (this needs ffmpeg)
Mock the srpm.

Thanks Nux,
I have been itching to get into packaging for some time now rather than toying around. I would be happy to do a few more and spit out el6/el7 (s)rpms.

Andrew.
Re: How do I submit a package? [message #2411 is a reply to message #2409] Sun, 28 September 2014 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello,

Alas my repo started and still exists as a one man show, meaning there is little done to ease collaboration. This could be done, but requires some time and effort.

This does not mean I do not appreciate help, feel free to post the spec file and I'll give it a go, if it works I'll add it to my repo while of course preserving your %changelog entries.
Re: How do I submit a package? [message #2460 is a reply to message #2409] Mon, 13 October 2014 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for the late reply. I have been busy as snot with work and family court bullshit. If you haven't had the pleasure of the latter, you aren't missing anything worthwhile Very Happy

OK, as for what you had replied with -- currently I have two options which one is in progress, and the other is just as wasteful of both our time. The first is I have had a repo setup for myself for a bit, but haven't published anything on fora since I have been too lazy to sign anything. If you want me to put stuff there, and grab from that, it will work I guess.

The other option is to just slowly feed you the (s)rpms and as you get time you get time.

There needs to be something we can do that solves those problems and gets others involved. I am fine with maintaining enough packages to keep me busy, but not overwhelmingly so, as it seems you may be approaching. If you have any suggestions as to how to move from here, let me know. As for the files:

http://schotty.com/yum/el/7/
http://schotty.com/yum/fedora/20/

I only have up makemkv at the moment, since EPEL, ELRepo, and yourself have most else of what I want. I do plan on getting wine done up right though. The two ways currently suck for various reasons, and its pissing me off to no end. I really don't want to go back to Fedora if I don't have to. And now that I got back into packaging up stuff again, and am much more comfortable doing so, I hope to just do that. But Red Hat really made things difficult with how they are handling the source and the specs, forcing 64 bit only in them.

BTW, if you have any rpms that people want that you would rather toss my way, let me know.

Thanks,
Andrew.
Re: How do I submit a package? [message #2467 is a reply to message #2409] Tue, 14 October 2014 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Thanks Schotty, I'll have a look at minitube and makemvk these days, cheers for that.
Re: How do I submit a package? [message #2483 is a reply to message #2409] Wed, 15 October 2014 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres more coming. A buddy wants me to roll up Ardour 3.xx. Thats coming along, but its alot of dependencies for just building the damn thing that I need to resolve on EL7. At least once I get a spec and srpm for it, we wont have the "fun" of building em. FFT-3 took a while, but at the pile of rpms mock spit out, I am not surprised.

Also something I just found out about since my mouse needed replacing, is that the Logitech wireless dongles that they are using are now universal. Theres an app on linux now that can handle the pairing of the shared dongle to all your stuff. Packed that program, Solaar, up and it works great.
Re: How do I submit a package? [message #2486 is a reply to message #2409] Wed, 15 October 2014 17:49 Go to previous message
Administrator

Good luck with Ardour3.
I have added your minitube and makemkv packages btw, thanks.
Previous Topic: Minitube (CentOS 7)
Next Topic: Package wxPython
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 25 07:30:31 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01168 seconds