Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » nux -- advice please. (.desktop file should be tweaked)
nux -- advice please. [message #2572] Mon, 20 October 2014 23:31 Go to next message
schotty is currently offline  schotty
OK, your expert packager advice.

I got audacity packed up (f20 rebuild). However, at least for my systems, the only issue is an inherent issue with pulse. The fix is a prepend env setting for the command. With that, audacity works without a hitch. Should I tweak the src to have an extra .desktop entry for the "Pulse" version, or just modify the existing one, since technically there should be no difference if pulse doesn't exist (not sure why ... but ... choices)?

As I currently stand, the latter seems to have the potential for flak, so an extra .desktop of "Audacity - PulseAudio" seems more sane, and perhaps a bit more obvious.

This problem is on their wiki, and the first thing on their linux problems section.

Thanks,
Andrew.

[linky] http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Linux_Issues

[Updated on: Mon, 20 October 2014 23:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: nux -- advice please. [message #2581 is a reply to message #2572] Tue, 21 October 2014 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Schotty,

Is this for EL7? Anyway, I have a package audacity-freeworld in my repo (from rpmfusion - I strongly recommend you use rpm.pbone.net to search for stuff before building), is it also exhibiting this problem?

Anyway, in the past I've done some crazy stuff[1] to get a package running.
IMHO considering Pulseaudio is the official sound framework which is used by 99,9% of the users, I would go for modifying the current desktop file.
But please do check if my own package has this problem, too so I can fix that, too.

[1] - kind of ashamed of this one, but it works http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el6/SRPMS/phantomjs-1.6 .0-3.el6.nux.src.rpm Very Happy
Re: nux -- advice please. [message #2588 is a reply to message #2572] Tue, 21 October 2014 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
El7.

And yes, along with that search, I use a few others too.

http://pkgs.org/
http://rpmfind.net/

I hit those three up if a yum search / yum whatprovides doesn't yield anything. I didn't get anything back period from yum, and the repos I did find were not el7.
Re: nux -- advice please. [message #2590 is a reply to message #2572] Tue, 21 October 2014 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

#yum provides *bin/audacity
audacity-freeworld-2.0.4-3.el7.nux.x86_64 : Multitrack audio editor
Repo        : nux-dextop
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/bin/audacity

Smile
Re: nux -- advice please. [message #2606 is a reply to message #2590] Tue, 21 October 2014 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux wrote on Tue, 21 October 2014 06:54
#yum provides *bin/audacity
audacity-freeworld-2.0.4-3.el7.nux.x86_64 : Multitrack audio editor
Repo        : nux-dextop
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/bin/audacity

Smile

I didnt do the *bin part. Just yum search audacity.

No biggie. I will test your rpm when I can.
Re: nux -- advice please. [message #2618 is a reply to message #2572] Wed, 22 October 2014 13:28 Go to previous message
Administrator

yum search audacity
will return audacity-freeworld as well btw.
Previous Topic: Canon printer MG5520 all-in-one
Next Topic: zeitgeist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 26 12:13:20 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01122 seconds