Nux!

Home » Stella » Report a problem or request a feature » pulseaudio/udev error message
pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2580] Tue, 21 October 2014 06:14 Go to next message
mitu is currently offline  mitu
Hi Everybody,

After last night's update, boot log shows a few errors related to pulseaudio and udev. Of course, the system boots fine, after a delay of 1-2 sec. Pulseaudio works the way it should. So, I believe it's not a fatal error at all. But anyways, plz enlighten me why this error message comes up and how to stop it. Here's my boot.log

[manmath.sahu@localhost ~]$ cat /var/log/boot.log
Welcome to CentOS
Starting udev: udevd[373]: GOTO 'pulseaudio_check_usb' has no matching label in: '/lib/udev/rules.d/90-pulseaudio.rules'
udevd[373]: GOTO 'pulseaudio_check_usb' has no matching label in: '/lib/udev/rules.d/90-pulseaudio.rules'
[udev] Driver 'pcspkr' is already registered, aborting

[ OK ]
Setting hostname localhost.localdomain: [ OK ]
Checking filesystems
_Stella6.5_i386.: clean, 70048/577088 files, 724874/2304000 blocks
/dev/sda3: clean, 41708/9101312 files, 3374272/36384256 blocks
[ OK ]
Remounting root filesystem in read-write mode: [ OK ]
Mounting local filesystems: [ OK ]
Enabling /etc/fstab swaps: [ OK ]
Entering non-interactive startup
Starting system logger: [ OK ]
Starting irqbalance: [ OK ]
Starting system message bus: [ OK ]
Setting network parameters... [ OK ]
Starting NetworkManager daemon: [ OK ]
Starting HAL daemon: [ OK ]
Retrigger failed udev events [ OK ]
Starting crond: [ OK ]
Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2583 is a reply to message #2580] Tue, 21 October 2014 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ongoto is currently offline  ongoto
udev is looking for LABEL="pulseaudio_check_usb"
but it's not there. That's what the message is about.

You can edit /lib/udev/rules.d/90-pulseaudio.rules and add the LABEL udev is looking for. That might stop the error message. Can't test it here because I don't get that message.

-----------------------
LABEL="pulseaudio_check_usb"
SUBSYSTEM!="sound", GOTO="pulseaudio_end"
ACTION!="change", GOTO="pulseaudio_end"
KERNEL!="card*", GOTO="pulseaudio_end"

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="17cc", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1978", ENV{PULSE_PROFILE_SET}="native-instruments-audio8dj.conf"
LABEL="pulseaudio_end"
-----------------------

It might be a bug that needs to be reported to Centos or RedHat?

[Updated on: Tue, 21 October 2014 09:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2584 is a reply to message #2580] Tue, 21 October 2014 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Can you edit /lib/udev/rules.d/90-pulseaudio.rules and remove the GOTO line, or remove the file altogether? Make a copy of it first so we have something to fallback on in case if problems.
Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2585 is a reply to message #2584] Tue, 21 October 2014 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ongoto is currently offline  ongoto
Oops
Sorry Nux, I didn't see your post till it was too late. Embarrassed
Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2589 is a reply to message #2585] Tue, 21 October 2014 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thx Nux. The pulseaudio problem is gone after I commented out that GOTO line. But I'm still getting that "Driver 'pcspkr' is already registered, aborting" message.
Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2591 is a reply to message #2585] Tue, 21 October 2014 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Actually you answered first with a reply that seems much more elegant than my peasantry. Very Happy
Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2596 is a reply to message #2591] Tue, 21 October 2014 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha..ha.. thx nux!
but take a look at the next error message, that pcspkr one. it's no way a show stopper, but a tiny annoyance, cos it was never there before.

off-topic: on a side note, all the workstations (centos 6.5) at me office got upgraded to mesa 10.1.x, but my home pc (centos 7) did not receive any such upgrades, it's still mesa 9.2.x. Intriguing but true.
Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2597 is a reply to message #2580] Tue, 21 October 2014 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Interesting, so CentOS 6.6 brings quite a bit of new things. Is your Intel accel VA still working?

Re spkr, I'll need to ask/google around. I am yet to encounter this.
Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2598 is a reply to message #2597] Tue, 21 October 2014 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not working now. cos after a while the atrpms packages didn't behave well with nux-desktop ones. so i purged those packages and the repo. currently it's just centos+epel+nux. video acceleration is not working, but rest of the things are working fine. there's one issue, cpu fan speed, it's always noisy. but i can live with it, as it's a desktop. planning to get a coolermaster heatsink and cpu fan to avoid noise.
thx for your concern.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 October 2014 17:00]

Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2599 is a reply to message #2580] Tue, 21 October 2014 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Mitu,

I was refering to EL6 - if you still use it anywhere with Intel VA.
Re CPU FAN, does it also do that when you are in MATE (assuming you use Gnome3)?
Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2600 is a reply to message #2599] Tue, 21 October 2014 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok.

#1 right now most of the workstations at office have centos 6.5 (now with fasttrack and cr might have have 6.6, except for that release file). the workstations there are mostly g31 and g41/g45 chipsets. video acceleration is working perfectly fine with g41/g45 chipsets, g31 doesn't support video acceleration.
#2 at home, my pc is a h61 sandybridge built. previously (as i've told somewhere here) video acceleration was working on it with atrpms packages, but they created some problems with your nux repo vlc package and broke a few times. that's why i purged the packages and the repo. now it's only your repo plus epel and centos base. video acceleration is not working, fan is bit noisy. but i can live with it.
#3 i believe, as you've told the noisy fan is due to gnome 3, mate may run quieter. but i've started to like gnome3 classic and i'm hopeful the next point release will squash some of these gnome 3 bugs. let's see. with the following extensions i'm back to a sane gnome 3.

my extensions:
alternate-tab@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com
apps-menu@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com
ignore_request_hide_titlebar@having_to_write_an_extension_to _set_a_pref_is_silly
launch-new-instance@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com
nohotcorner@azuri.free.fr
places-menu@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com
window-list@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com

[Updated on: Tue, 21 October 2014 17:18]

Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2601 is a reply to message #2580] Tue, 21 October 2014 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Thanks for reporting.

I'm have SandyBridge and IvyBridge at home, alas none have Intel VA working in EL7... rpmfusion guys don't know why, either.
I guess we'll have to keep digging.
Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2610 is a reply to message #2601] Wed, 22 October 2014 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah. i'm confused and i don't have an iota of clue what probably messes with what. you know video acceleration works perfectly fine with fedora 19 and fedora 20. centos 9 is a handpicked and curated from both, imo. but doesn't work on centos 7. strange!

[Updated on: Wed, 22 October 2014 02:03]

Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2616 is a reply to message #2580] Wed, 22 October 2014 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

I'm sure it will be a solved problem at some point, prolly close to or after 7.1.
Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2623 is a reply to message #2616] Thu, 23 October 2014 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amen!

This morning I saw "gstreamer1-vaapi-0.5.9-2.el7.x86_64.rpm" in epel package list. Plz probe if it works.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 October 2014 02:53]

Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2624 is a reply to message #2580] Thu, 23 October 2014 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

That's nice, alas makes no difference. When playing big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov Totem CPU usage is around 60%, should be under 20% if VA was working ... Sad
Only VLC uses VA correctly on my laptop.
Re: pulseaudio/udev error message [message #2625 is a reply to message #2624] Thu, 23 October 2014 09:13 Go to previous message
right. same here.
Previous Topic: Stella 6.5-5 -- fresh install
Next Topic: CentOS 6.6 is out.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 26 22:51:59 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02738 seconds