Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » libfm for el7 (help me plz with rebuilding libfm from fc20 srpm)
icon5.gif  libfm for el7 [message #2646] Sun, 26 October 2014 09:43 Go to next message
ahmed is currently offline  ahmed
Dear Nux,

I tried to rebuild libfm srpm from fedora 20 update repository for el7 but without success. I get the following error whenever I try to rebuild the spec file:

+ desktop-file-validate /home/lg/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/libfm-1.2.2-1.el7.x86_64//usr/share/applications/libfm-pref-apps.desktop /home/lg/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/libfm-1.2.2-1.el7.x86_64//usr/share/applications/lxshortcut.desktop
See "desktop-file-validate --help" for correct usage.
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.8s8Y7s (%install)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.8s8Y7s (%install)

It looks like there is a problem with desktop-file-validate command but I don't know how to fix it. I believe you have successfully built an older version for el6. Can you please help me fix this error. I'm trying to build the whole of LXDE desktop for el7.

Also, I attached the spec file and the the build log (rpm-tmp.8s8Y7s) for your reference.

Thanks
  • Attachment: libfm.spec
    (Size: 12.85KB, Downloaded 150 times)
  • Attachment: rpm-tmp.8s8Y7s
    (Size: 2.36KB, Downloaded 141 times)
Re: libfm for el7 [message #2647 is a reply to message #2646] Sun, 26 October 2014 11:14 Go to previous message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Added it to my repo, check my srpm.
It looks like desktop-file-validate can't take multiple files in EL7, just replace that line in the spec file with 2 lines for each of the deskop files or use find like I did.
Also you could skip desktop-file-validate line altogether, though it's not kosher.

Previous Topic: Package Request EL7
Next Topic: Package conflict between CentOS 6.6 cr and nux-desktop repos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 19 12:09:05 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03035 seconds