Nux!

Home » Stella » Report a problem or request a feature » Unable to update
Unable to update [message #2724] Wed, 05 November 2014 15:17 Go to next message
brucknerian is currently offline  brucknerian
I'm running Stella 6.5 Kernel 2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.i686 and I always install all the recommended updates. I've recently returned from 10 days away and when I run Software Update it tells me there are 392 updates totalling about 656 MB. When I try to install these I get the following errorÖß

failure: repodata/d7d803f1aee576fdc6ac9187adc85184b55890ae89e31bb86e3 e6505d2a58ba0-filelists.sqlite.bz2 from cr: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Charles
Re: Unable to update [message #2725 is a reply to message #2724] Wed, 05 November 2014 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello,

Yes, there were a few updates (CentOS 6.6 was released), try this:
yum clean all && yum update
Re: Unable to update [message #2731 is a reply to message #2725] Thu, 06 November 2014 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Nux. I assume I need to be root when running that code - here is what I get

bash-4.1$ su root
Password:
[root@localhost /]# yum clean all && yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
Cleaning repos: Dropbox Stella-Base adobe-linux-i386 base cr elrepo epel extras
: nux-dextop spideroak-stable updates
Cleaning up Everything
Cleaning up list of fastest mirrors
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
Setting up Update Process
Determining fastest mirrors
epel/metalink | 26 kB 00:00
* base: mirrors.clouvider.net
* elrepo: ftp.nluug.nl
* epel: anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk
* extras: www.mirrorservice.org
* nux-dextop: li.nux.ro
* updates: mirror.mhd.uk.as44574.net
http://linux.dropbox.com/fedora/6/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: Dropbox. Please verify its path and try again

I don't under stand the reference to Dropbox - I did try it briefly but I thought I had removed it some time ago. Is it this that's causing the problem?

Charles
Re: Unable to update [message #2733 is a reply to message #2731] Thu, 06 November 2014 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I've managed to work round this. Went to Software Sources under Add/Remove Software where there is an entry for the Dropbox Repo shown as not enabled. I tried to enable this and saw some message about authentification but the "enable" box remained unticked. However when I ran Software Update again everything downloaded and installed as normal. All seems ok.

This makes me wonder if I should remove the Dropbox Repo as I've no intention of using the software again & would like to remove all traces that it left on my system. Not sure how to do this so would appreciate guidance (if it's the right thing to do).

Thanks
Charles
Re: Unable to update [message #2735 is a reply to message #2724] Thu, 06 November 2014 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Charles,

All the repo files are in /etc/yum.repos.d, it should be enough to delete the dropbox.repo or whatever it's called.
It might have also been installed by an RPM, you can find out by running this@
rpm -qf /etc/yum.repos.d/dropboxwhateveritiscalled.repo

If the above yields any results you can try to "yum remove" that package.
Re: Unable to update [message #2744 is a reply to message #2733] Fri, 07 November 2014 10:03 Go to previous message
LiamOToole is currently offline  LiamOToole
Quote:

I've no intention of using the software again & would like to remove all traces that it left on my system

Dropbox installs quite a bit of software in ~/.dropbox-dist for every user who has used dropbox on the machine. You should remove that directory as well if you want to be thorough. You can delete the application data in ~/.dropbox for good measure.
Previous Topic: Stella pkg request
Next Topic: no vlc plugin for firefox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 26 12:53:04 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01376 seconds