Nux!

Home » Stella » Report a problem or request a feature » can't access windows shares on dolphin file manager (can't access smb shares on dolphin file manager, but no problem accessing using )
can't access windows shares on dolphin file manager [message #2779] Tue, 25 November 2014 07:52 Go to next message
mitu is currently offline  mitu
It's definitely a dumb question, but I gave up on dolphin. I can't access windows shares. I need to browse a certain "Digital Marketing" (yes, there's a space in the name, bad windows habits) folder on our windows network. But I can't explore it on dolphin file manager. Every time I have to mount that remote directory using the following command:

mount -v -o username=manmath.sahu,domain=falcon -t cifs //192.168.11.10/"Digital Marketing"/ share

Would anybody please tell what I've to put in the dolphin, so as to achieve the same.
Re: can't access windows shares on dolphin file manager [message #2780 is a reply to message #2779] Tue, 25 November 2014 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

OMG, can't believe I still read about this kind of problems in 2014. Why are you on KDE? Smile
Even if you want to be in KDE, use Nautilus or Caja for browsing the network.
Re: can't access windows shares on dolphin file manager [message #2783 is a reply to message #2780] Wed, 26 November 2014 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the suggestion. I installed caja, and as you suggested, there's no problem in accessing samba shared using it. But on the downside it pulled in a lot of dependencies. I'd still love if you suggest me how to do it on dolphin (I want to make it a pure KDE for now).
Re: can't access windows shares on dolphin file manager [message #2785 is a reply to message #2779] Wed, 26 November 2014 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

This seems like a KDE specific bug and I'm not the most qualified person for it. I stopped using KDE many years ago (it was at version 3 back then).

Re: can't access windows shares on dolphin file manager [message #2788 is a reply to message #2785] Thu, 27 November 2014 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I never liked KDE. But reaching version no. 4.10 it's quite usable on CEntOS 7. Of course, it still requires hell lot of time and effort to tame it. Now my freshly booted Centos 7 KDE takes ~300mb memory and somehow responsive. Of course, it's no way stellar if compared to Mate. And I hope Mate will be still more responsive and unified whole after shedding its current lot of gnome dependencies, may be in its 2.10 or 2.12 version. Btw, I'm waiting for your spin of CEntOS 7 Mate.
Re: can't access windows shares on dolphin file manager [message #2799 is a reply to message #2783] Mon, 01 December 2014 22:02 Go to previous message
LiamOToole is currently offline  LiamOToole
Try entering the following in the location bar in dolphin: smb://192.168.11.10/Digital%20Marketing/ . What happens?
Previous Topic: no vlc plugin for firefox
Next Topic: Root password for remastered Stella 6.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 03:37:55 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03453 seconds