Nux!

Home » Stella » General chat » Stella repositories on CentOS 6.2
Stella repositories on CentOS 6.2 [message #265] Fri, 30 March 2012 10:12 Go to next message
bnix is currently offline  bnix
Hello everybody,

Because every time when I'm reinstalling my desktops I'm spending many hours to make CentOS usable as desktop OS, it looks like Stella is good option for me.Before spending time with installations I would like to ask you 2 questions:

1.Is there a list with additional stella packages available?

1.Right now I'm using the following repos:
adobe-linux-i386
base
epel
extras
google-chrome
rpmfusion-free-updates
rpmfusion-free-updates-testing
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing
updates

Should I expect rpm conflicts if I would use stella repos on an existing CentOS 6.2 installation?
Re: Stella repositories on CentOS 6.2 [message #266 is a reply to message #265] Fri, 30 March 2012 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello bnix,

Good quesitions.

1. No there is not a list with the packages, but you can do this to find out: "rpm -qa|grep el6.nux"
2. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can give it a try, the repo you want to use is this:
http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el6/x86_64/nux-dextop-r elease-0-2.el6.nux.noarch.rpm

The Dextop repo provides a lot of stuff and I'm pretty sure it conflicts with Repoforge/rpmforge and ATrpms, however there's a good chance it can work with RPMfusion; actually a lot of the packages in Nux Dextop repo are backported from RPMfusion for Fedora (vlc, mplayer etc).

Let me know how it goes.
Re: Stella repositories on CentOS 6.2 [message #268 is a reply to message #265] Sun, 15 April 2012 19:52 Go to previous message
bnix is currently offline  bnix
I've successfully installed audacious,audacious-plugins and frozen-bubble.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Salut
Next Topic: Repositories
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 26 12:47:32 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00980 seconds