Nux!

Home » Stella » Report a problem or request a feature » Avidemux Problems in Centos 7 (Marker Brackets missing and +)
Avidemux Problems in Centos 7 [message #2890] Thu, 08 January 2015 20:10 Go to next message
Edge is currently offline  Edge
Centos 7: Avidemux version 2.6.4-8.el7.nux (64-bit)

1) Marker A & B brackets missing,
2) Tool Menu empty,
3) Close Button doesn't work (doesn't close program),
4) When save edited video file with new name, it creates additional text document with 0 byte; not sure why.
5) QT interface: saved file with '.py' extension only.

I always use GTK interface, tried QT today. In Stella 6 or in Centos 6 every thing fine (Avidemux 2.5.6 from linuxtech repo).
Re: Avidemux Problems in Centos 7 [message #2892 is a reply to message #2890] Fri, 09 January 2015 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hi,

Yep, seems pretty b0rk3d. Let me see if there is anything I can do.
Re: Avidemux Problems in Centos 7 [message #2893 is a reply to message #2890] Fri, 09 January 2015 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Newer versions from RPMfusion (2.6.8) do not start at all - the GTK versions that is.
Would you be willing to test the qt version and let me know if it runs ok?

[Updated on: Fri, 09 January 2015 14:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Avidemux Problems in Centos 7 [message #2895 is a reply to message #2893] Fri, 09 January 2015 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nux,

i tried already qt version, only interface looks OK; but when try to save edited file - it saved with '.py' extension (somevideo.py). is that possible i am missing any qt libs for avidemux qt version ? otherwise why should qt version working on your test ?

and for GTK version if only marker A & B brackets present i could manage well. for rest of work i use OpenShot, PiTiVi, HandBrake.

one foolish question: is it possible to backport avidemux older version ? or may be, have to wait applications to catch up with centos 7.

Thanks nux
Re: Avidemux Problems in Centos 7 [message #2896 is a reply to message #2890] Sat, 10 January 2015 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Hi,

Can you try these RPMs out and let me know if they work of for you? The gtk interface does not work, so just use the Qt one and see if it works as expected.
http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/tmp/avidemux7/
Re: Avidemux Problems in Centos 7 --- [ SOLVED ] [message #2907 is a reply to message #2896] Sun, 11 January 2015 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Nux,

---- IT IS WORKING ----

Best part is: your Quick support, and 2nd is: it is working. yes qt version.

You know I am thanking you. ... GREAT THANKS.

[ SOLVED ]
Re: Avidemux Problems in Centos 7 [message #2909 is a reply to message #2890] Sun, 11 January 2015 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Thanks for feedback, I'll add it to the main repo.
Re: Avidemux Problems in Centos 7 [message #2911 is a reply to message #2909] Sun, 11 January 2015 17:27 Go to previous message
" I'll add it to the main repo "

That will be great. most users like updated version; however I haven't found anything new yet from the version 2.5.6 other than drag & drop on main window. For me avidemux is really a handy tool to cut/delete pieces and save - very quickly done. when I work on video file avidemux is minimized on my bottom panel for any time. Soon I will try some video editing on Centos 7.
Previous Topic: Automount not working in GNOME
Next Topic: Centos Plus kernel for Stella
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:49:42 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01288 seconds