Nux!

Home » Stella » Report a problem or request a feature » minitube? (Not work any more!)
minitube? [message #3342] Tue, 13 October 2015 17:47 Go to next message
kleo is currently offline  kleo
index.php?t=getfile&id=217&private=0Minitube does not work any more!
No mather what what you type in search field minitube report error!

[Updated on: Tue, 13 October 2015 17:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: minitube? [message #3343 is a reply to message #3342] Tue, 13 October 2015 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello,

Minitube now not only requires qt5, but also to register with Google/Youtube for a developer key and distribute that which I have no intention of doing.
For the moment I think your best bet is to use it via Wine, I'm gonna look these days at converting that .deb they have for Ubuntu to .rpm.
Re: minitube? [message #3359 is a reply to message #3342] Tue, 10 November 2015 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edge is currently offline  Edge
Hi Nux,

there is gmediafinder similar to minitube with more feature. Fedora repo have it. However if anything registered with Google, yahoo, bing or use Google code - I am not interested. I use web browser for youtube - not happy about it but compromise sometimes.

...Edge
Re: minitube? [message #3360 is a reply to message #3342] Tue, 10 November 2015 08:53 Go to previous message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

I know gmediafinder, I think it's already in my repo (at least for EL6).
The problem with all these applications is that youtube will change its algorithm for serving videos regularly and they must keep up with it. Gmediafinder has not been updated (on github) for 4 years, not sure it even works any more.

As far as alternatives go, have a look at http://isebaro.com/viewtube/ - it's a greasemonkey script that replaces the official video stream with the native video player.

Also check this command line player https://github.com/mps-youtube/mps-youtube
Previous Topic: Loading audio cds takes a long time
Next Topic: Livecd-creator for Stella 6.7 (32-bit) doesn't work properly --> replacement available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 22:34:50 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01027 seconds