Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » Package request: Net Activity Viewer & Service applet (For CentOS 7)
Package request: Net Activity Viewer & Service applet [message #3364] Thu, 12 November 2015 16:54 Go to next message
Edge is currently offline  Edge
Hi Nux,

Is it possible to have Net Activity Viewer & Service applet in your repo ? - Only if you have time.

* Net Activity Viewer (netactview): a Graphical network connections viewer
* Service applet (system-config-services): we had in CentOS 6+

Binary package of Net Activity Viewer from Fedora 21 runs in CentOS 7 smoothly. but system-config-services freezes. I downloaded Binary packages and tried those during CentOS testing (without Fedora repo; I know it is forbidden).

Thanks.......Edge

[Updated on: Fri, 13 November 2015 16:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Package request: Net Activity Viewer & Service applet [message #3366 is a reply to message #3364] Sat, 14 November 2015 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hi,

I've added netactview in the main repo and system-config-services in the testing one. Can you please test it?
yum --enablerepo=nux-dextop-testing install system-config-services
Re: Package request: Net Activity Viewer & Service applet [message #3368 is a reply to message #3366] Sat, 14 November 2015 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nux,

First, great thanks for supporting us whenever we ask & whatever we ask.

1) netactview: working
2) system-config-services: looks ok; but need to see couple of days as I've a note from previous test on CentOS 7 (about a month of release) : - system-config-services work after install then few days later tried again - got frozen and never worked again. So I will let you know again in coming days.

I saw in CentOS forum some one ask/talk about system-config-services, I forgot to ask you every time - an important missing applet for Graphical Users;. Thanks for the command too.

......Edge
Re: Package request: Net Activity Viewer & Service applet [message #3369 is a reply to message #3364] Sat, 14 November 2015 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Ok, let me know if it works on the long run and I'll move it to the main repo.
Re: Package request: Net Activity Viewer & Service applet [message #3371 is a reply to message #3369] Sun, 15 November 2015 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Nux,

No, system-config-services isn't working. I tried to enable 'cups' : on reboot cups status remains unchanged and this time system-config-services didn't get frozen but taking too much of CPU and unresponsive (can move with Title-bar)- after a minute wait I forced to stop it, - it's UI closed but system-config-services-mechanism.py was keep running; I had to stop it with system monitor as administrator.

system-config-services from Fedora 21 repo atleast was able to disable/enable on first run. I thought Selinux has something to do with system-config-services behaviour, so I disabled Selinux - after that I saw my cups service disappeared from system-config-services. Then tried to start and enable alsa-store service: system-config-services bottons are dead this time; and I waited couple of minutes then had forced to stop. I rebooted after each change in system-config-services and Selinux (not sure reboot is needed in Linux system but I did).

Nux, if you have time then try it - I'll wait; I think you are very busy now with Stella 7 (with mate of course Very Happy ). If any thing else I need to try for system-config-services let me know. And what happened to my cup service ?

with Thanks.....Edge

[Updated on: Sun, 15 November 2015 12:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Package request: Net Activity Viewer & Service applet [message #3373 is a reply to message #3364] Mon, 16 November 2015 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Well, thanks for testing, I'll remove it from my testing repo, no idea how to fix that. Perhaps complain about it upstream?
Re Stella 7, there are no such on-going efforts. Perhaps after CentOS 7.2 or 7.3, see if Gnome3 becomes more usable.
Re: Package request: Net Activity Viewer & Service applet [message #3374 is a reply to message #3373] Mon, 16 November 2015 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Nux. I've just tried system-config-services from Fedora 20 & 22 rpm in-case works and can be add to repo - but didn't work.

By the way, there is "sysv-rc-conf" for Debian/ubuntu to configure services, it also provides runlevel setting: simple UI but better to use; I used in linux mint. Only if you're curious & have time then have a look.

Stella 7 is not coming - kind of feeling sad: I waited impatiently for long time. Surely you thought wisely - so alright.

.....Edge
Re: Package request: Net Activity Viewer & Service applet [message #3375 is a reply to message #3364] Tue, 17 November 2015 12:15 Go to previous message
Administrator

Stella is 99,9% just CentOS + nux-dextop and some custom artwork and settings, nothing to be sad for, you're (almost) already running it. Smile
Previous Topic: grub-customizer
Next Topic: Anjuta broken for RHEL 7.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 19 13:08:42 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01722 seconds