Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » [Package Upgrade] MakeMKV for EL6 (Upgrade MakeMKV to v1.9.10 for EL6)
[Package Upgrade] MakeMKV for EL6 [message #3579] Mon, 16 May 2016 19:12 Go to next message
GhostRyda is currently offline  GhostRyda
Hi Nux

The version of MakeMKV in the dextop repo is still at v1.9.2.

If you are interested in building the latest 1.9.10 version I have attached the updated spec, changelog, and patch files.

All you need are the download files from makemkv.com:

http://www.makemkv.com/download/makemkv-bin-1.9.10.tar.gz
http://www.makemkv.com/download/makemkv-oss-1.9.10.tar.gz

Thanks for hosting an awesome repo.

Re: [Package Upgrade] MakeMKV for EL6 [message #3580 is a reply to message #3579] Tue, 17 May 2016 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Thanks buddy, will check this out shortly.
Re: [Package Upgrade] MakeMKV for EL6 [message #3587 is a reply to message #3579] Sat, 21 May 2016 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
schotty is currently offline  schotty
Nux:
I have the usual 1.9.10 rpm, srpm, and debug rpm for both el6 & 7 up on my repo. Feel free to leech/rebuild. I have some new scripts that I wrote up that are automating this for me.

http://schotty.com/yum/el/6/repoview/makemkv.html
Re: [Package Upgrade] MakeMKV for EL6 [message #3588 is a reply to message #3579] Sat, 21 May 2016 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

I've pushed the updated version in my testing repo for now. Feel free to try it.
Re: [Package Upgrade] MakeMKV for EL6 [message #3728 is a reply to message #3588] Wed, 12 October 2016 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
loopnode
nux wrote on Sat, 21 May 2016 10:12
I've pushed the updated version in my testing repo for now. Feel free to try it.

Hi Nux!

I installed the testing repo version, but when opening MakeMKV a message popup window appears saying,

"This application version is too old. Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com/ or enter a registration key to continue using the current version."

Clicking "OK" closes the app.

Anyone on the forum using MakeMKV? Any chance of a newer version coming to the Stella repo?

-loop
Re: [Package Upgrade] MakeMKV for EL6 [message #3731 is a reply to message #3579] Thu, 13 October 2016 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Hi,

Unfortunatelly latest version 1.10.2 no longer builds on EL6, any suggestions welcome.

/usr/include/QtCore/qchar.h:372: note: candidates are: QChar::QChar(int) <near match>
/usr/include/QtCore/qchar.h:371: note:                 QChar::QChar(uint) <near match>
/usr/include/QtCore/qchar.h:370: note:                 QChar::QChar(short int) <near match>
/usr/include/QtCore/qchar.h:81: note:                 QChar::QChar(ushort) <near match>
/usr/include/QtCore/qchar.h:77: note:                 QChar::QChar(uchar) <near match>
/usr/include/QtCore/qchar.h:76: note:                 QChar::QChar(char) <near match>
makemkvgui/src/nativefiledialog.cpp:48: warning: 'QString QFDP_workingDirectory(const QString&)' defined but not used
makemkvgui/src/nativefiledialog.cpp:59: warning: 'QString QFDP_initialSelection(const QString&)' defined but not used
makemkvgui/src/scsiinfo.cpp: In function 'bool FormatDriveDiskInfo(QString&, QString&, const utf16_t*, const utf16_t*, const void*, unsigned int, AP_DiskFsFlags, AP_DriveState)':
makemkvgui/src/scsiinfo.cpp:535: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
libmakemkv/src/libmkv.cpp: In member function 'void MyMkvTrackInfo::RenderStat(libmatroska::KaxTags&, unsigned int, uint64_t, const char*)':
libmakemkv/src/libmkv.cpp:384: error: expected ')' before 'PRIu64'
libmakemkv/src/libmkv.cpp:392: error: expected ')' before 'PRIu64'
sstring/src/sstring.cpp: In function 'int sprintf_s(char*, size_t, const char*, ...)':
sstring/src/sstring.cpp:82: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
makemkvgui/src/uisync.cpp: In member function 'void MainWnd::SlotInfoRevert()':
makemkvgui/src/uisync.cpp:509: warning: unused variable 'item_id'
makemkvgui/src/viteminfo.cpp: In function 'QString BuildItemInfo(AP_UiItem*, bool)':
makemkvgui/src/viteminfo.cpp:152: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
make: *** [out/libmakemkv.so.1.full] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
sstring/src/sstring.cpp: In function 'int sprintf_s(char*, size_t, const char*, ...)':
sstring/src/sstring.cpp:82: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
make: *** [out/makemkv.full] Error 1
Re: [Package Upgrade] MakeMKV for EL6 [message #3732 is a reply to message #3731] Thu, 13 October 2016 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
loopnode
nux wrote on Thu, 13 October 2016 02:23
Hi,

Unfortunatelly latest version 1.10.2 no longer builds on EL6, any suggestions welcome.

Hey, thanks for looking into this issue. & unfortunately, I'm not a coder or skilled enough to help out in getting MakeMKV to build.

What, if anything, are other people using to backup dvds? Any suggestions?

Thanks again,
-loop
Re: [Package Upgrade] MakeMKV for EL6 [message #3735 is a reply to message #3579] Fri, 14 October 2016 07:48 Go to previous message
Administrator

HandBrake

yum install handbrake-gui
Previous Topic: package request - Frostwire
Next Topic: Openshot 1.4.3 and deps from EPEL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Nov 14 21:11:45 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01390 seconds