Nux!

Home » Stella » Howtos, tips & tricks » Stella 6.6 - why does it take forever to boot?? (SLOW booting ~ in LIVE mode.)
icon5.gif  Stella 6.6 - why does it take forever to boot?? [message #3611] Tue, 07 June 2016 22:04 Go to next message
CHILIBOWL is currently offline  CHILIBOWL
Embarrassed OK -so I just stumbled across this wonderfull lean looking oS called STELLA . I have a Pentium 2.4 machine with a Northwood Intel MOBO(manufactured by IBM) , running 512 Mb of ram and a CDRW &a DVD-rom/cdrw.

It gets into the boot screen -But takes forever to load up (i waited 3 minutes and I shut it Down!!!) .

is there special Hardware requirement's for this CentoS derived Linux (btw-I have nO problem booting up CentOS 6.3 LIVE version).

regards -chilibowl
Re: Stella 6.6 - why does it take forever to boot?? [message #3612 is a reply to message #3611] Wed, 08 June 2016 09:23 Go to previous message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello,

That's one old machine.

Which version are you trying to boot? 32 or 64 bit?
If 32 bit, have you tried using the second kernel entry from the boot menu?

Also, at the boot menu you can press Tab to edit the entries, please do so and remove rhgb and quiet from the vmlinuz lines so it gives you more information about where it gets stuck.
Previous Topic: Upgrade
Next Topic: how to remove or disable packagit in Stella 6.7?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:36:35 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00946 seconds