Nux!

Home » Stella » Howtos, tips & tricks » Installing STELLA to a pata HDrive!!!!!???????? (What are the steps to Install STELLA 6.6 to HD??????)
icon5.gif  Installing STELLA to a pata HDrive!!!!!???????? [message #3644] Fri, 15 July 2016 21:11 Go to next message
CHILIBOWL is currently offline  CHILIBOWL
Rolling Eyes Hello fellow Linux Heads --- just to report my Vintage Pentium Northwood Box seems to working oK !!!

STELLA live6.6 dvd boots ok . Alittle bit slow buts that is expectable.

My question IS how do I install it onto my Hard Drive????

Iam presently using a 43 Gb pata ide Hard drive - just used Gparted to make it a EXT3 type filesysytem<under Live stella>.

I click on the Install To Hard Drive Icon -and the Icon blinks , I get the swirly thing around it & HD light comes on -but How long shall I have to wait to do an Install??

In my past experience with OS installs-----some take HOURS to do correctly (boxed sets like Suse , Redhat, Fedora)

Is there any Command-Line -type Technique to do the install ??????? <i have done that method with Knoppix Live (debian -based distros.)

Regards -Chilibowl
Re: Installing STELLA to a pata HDrive!!!!!???????? [message #3645 is a reply to message #3644] Mon, 18 July 2016 10:27 Go to previous message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello,

Sounds like something is off in that setup.

You can try to open a terminal and from there, as root, launch "liveinst" (I think it's the name, check by looking at the Desktop icon properties).
That should return the errors in the termina, if any and hopefully provide some clues as to what's wrong.
Previous Topic: Stella: secure access to usb key!?
Next Topic: How to enforce a specifi VLC version on Fedora
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 01:54:42 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01490 seconds