Nux!

Home » Stella » Report a problem or request a feature » Error in jmtpfs udev rules
Error in jmtpfs udev rules [message #3736] Wed, 19 October 2016 08:05 Go to next message
TrevorH is currently offline  TrevorH
Hi,

I have installed jmtpfs-0.5-1.el7.nux.x86_64 and am seeing errors in my /var/log/messages file like

Quote:

Oct 18 23:37:45 trevor4 systemd-udevd: failed to execute '/usr/lib/udev/udev-acl' 'udev-acl --action= --device=/dev/bus/usb/003/012': No such file or directory

There are about 16 of these every time a USB device is plugged in or out. I've looked and tracked this down to the udev rules file that jmtpfs installs in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules which ends with the line

RUN+="udev-acl --action=$env{action} --device=$env{DEVNAME}"

This is the only file I can see on my system that calls out to udev-acl (which is deprecated and removed from el7) so I am fairly sure it is the cause of this issue. I think the last line of this file should definitely be removed. There are two other lines in the same file and they also appear to be unnecessary as both the idVendor/idProduct codes are already in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/69-libmtp.rules as supplied by libmtp-1.1.6-3.el7.x86_64 from base/updates. I suspect that just neglecting to ship this udev rules file would be the best solution since jmtpfs depends on libmtp so their rules file will always be installed anyway.

Trevor
Re: Error in jmtpfs udev rules [message #3737 is a reply to message #3736] Wed, 19 October 2016 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Thanks Trevor, I've issued an updated package without the udev rules.
Re: Error in jmtpfs udev rules [message #3738 is a reply to message #3736] Wed, 19 October 2016 23:37 Go to previous message
TrevorH is currently offline  TrevorH
Yep, updated, confirmed fixed, thanks.
Previous Topic: Updating VLC after holding to previous version for a while
Next Topic: CentOS 7 freeze
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 23 18:26:20 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00988 seconds