Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » [Request] OBS-Studio
[Request] OBS-Studio [message #4017] Mon, 28 May 2018 01:06 Go to next message
omento is currently offline  omento
Hi Nux,

Thanks for your efforts over the past years, it's been really helpful for those of us in the multimedia world to get things rolling with CentOS/RHEL. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind updating OBS-Studio to its more recent version. There are a few nifty features that would be nice to take advantage of. I've tried compiling OBS and FFmpeg over the past few days and it's not liking something with my libav* libraries when working statically with -fPIC.

Cheers,
Mike
Re: [Request] OBS-Studio [message #4019 is a reply to message #4017] Mon, 28 May 2018 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hello,

Can you try the RPMs in http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/tmp/obs-studio7/ and let me know if they work so I can move them to the main repo?
Re: [Request] OBS-Studio [message #4024 is a reply to message #4019] Tue, 29 May 2018 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gave it a whirl and it seems to be going really well! No glaring issues to me. Not to overstep my bounds but there are a couple of libraries in use for ffmpeg (which I understand OBS is dependent on) such as x265 which are a bit out of date. I don't know the details of all of these codecs and their changes so it might be a moot point.

Cheers,
Mike
Re: [Request] OBS-Studio [message #4028 is a reply to message #4017] Tue, 29 May 2018 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Yes, I need to cheer and encourage myself up and look at upgrading them. Loads of things usually depend on them and when you try to rebuild them ... they might not rebuild at all on the new versions, which is why I'm reluctant to touch them. Very Happy
Re: [Request] OBS-Studio [message #4029 is a reply to message #4017] Tue, 29 May 2018 19:14 Go to previous message
Yeah, it's a totally understandable situation. I'm still trying to build things on my own out of practice and ffmpeg is a beast of a library, and so many things have a dependency on it. I've given up on static building and diving into 'normal' build processes. Giving 4.0 a go.

Cheers,
Mike
Previous Topic: [REQUEST] Okular ?
Next Topic: DreamChess
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:20:57 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01109 seconds