Nux!

Home » Repos » Report a problem or request a package » Aeskulap appears broken with upgrade from Centos 7.5->7.6 (aeskulap-0.2.2)
Aeskulap appears broken with upgrade from Centos 7.5->7.6 [message #4100] Tue, 18 December 2018 20:38 Go to next message
Greg is currently offline  Greg
I have several desktop units with aeskulap that is being used to review dicom images. When Centos recently upgraded from 7.5 to 7.6 all of the aeskulap Centos 7.6 units fail to access our pac server which uses orthanc. All of the desktops that do not use Centos 7.6 still remain active.

The 'Echo Test' fails to make an association, and when an attempt is made to access the pac server the response is "No results for this query".

I surely appreciate your maintaining aeskulap, and would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Greg Ennis
Re: Aeskulap appears broken with upgrade from Centos 7.5->7.6 [message #4101 is a reply to message #4100] Wed, 19 December 2018 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hi Greg,

Sorry to hear that. I tried to rebuild the package on 7.6 as well as build a newer version, but none seems to compile any more.

Have you tried enabling/disabling selinux, see if that makes any difference?

Can you try to launch aeskulap from a terminal, see if it outputs any errors there while you are working with it?

I am merely a packager and do not have access to this kind of images or ecosystem, so testing is limited.

Re: Aeskulap appears broken with upgrade from Centos 7.5->7.6 [message #4102 is a reply to message #4100] Wed, 19 December 2018 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your help!!!!

When aeskulap is executed from the gui or the command line it appears to execute normally. The problem is only identified when I try to access dicom files from the pac server. I am using 'orthanc' as the pac server on a different machine in the network. orthanc appears to be functioning normally. I downloaded an iso of Fedora29 last night to see if aeskulap would work with it, and it works perfectly with Fedora29.

Here are the results of the verbiage that occurs with the command line execution. I never really studied the command line information before, but it does not look like there is much difference between today's and what has occurred in the past.

Thank you again for your help with this.

Greg

[greg@IrGp ~]$ aeskulap

(process:22530): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 09:48:04.999: g_object_set_qdata_full: assertion 'quark > 0' failed
Gnome::Conf::init()
datadir: /usr/share

(aeskulap:22530): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:48:05.041: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

(aeskulap:22530): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:48:05.041: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/grid-1.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/grid-2h.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/grid-2v.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/grid-4.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/grid-16.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/stock-tool-scale-22.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/stock-layers-24.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/series-1x1.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/series-2x1.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/series-2x2.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/series-3x2.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/series-3x3.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/series-4x4.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/stock-tool-eraser-22.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/cursor_pan.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/stock-tool-color-picker-22.png'
trying to load '/usr/share/aeskulap/images/stock-tool-measure-22.png'
prescan: 0
on_windowlevels_modality_changed() - indexint: 0

** (aeskulap:22530): WARNING **: 09:48:05.140: invalid source position for vertical gradient

** (aeskulap:22530): WARNING **: 09:48:05.140: invalid source position for vertical gradient

** (aeskulap:22530): WARNING **: 09:48:05.221: invalid source position for vertical gradient

** (aeskulap:22530): WARNING **: 09:48:05.222: invalid source position for vertical gradient
turning cursor busy
cursor busy off
turning cursor busy
cursor busy off
Re: Aeskulap appears broken with upgrade from Centos 7.5->7.6 [message #4103 is a reply to message #4100] Wed, 19 December 2018 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have now disabled selinux on my aeskalup machine and this process made no difference. I subsequently turned off selinux on the pac server and tried aeskulap on my desktop both unites of which had selinux disabled and there were no changes. It does not look like selinux is the problem
Re: Aeskulap appears broken with upgrade from Centos 7.5->7.6 [message #4104 is a reply to message #4100] Thu, 20 December 2018 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you again for your help. I am going to be out of town and will not have computer access while I am gone. If I can do anything on my end to help you, let me know.

Thanks much!!!

Greg
Re: Aeskulap appears broken with upgrade from Centos 7.5->7.6 [message #4105 is a reply to message #4100] Fri, 21 December 2018 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Greg,

I'll be off as well for a few days.
Have you looked at alternative applications?
Re: Aeskulap appears broken with upgrade from Centos 7.5->7.6 [message #4107 is a reply to message #4100] Wed, 26 December 2018 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are some other dicom linux viewers but none that have been compiled for Centos, aeskulap was the only one I have identified. My hope was to try to get aeskulap to work on Centos 7.6 because it does a great job for our needs.

Is there anything you can tell me as to why it did not compile on 7.6, I will post a message on the Centso user's mail list to see if anyone can help. I presume you have the source code on your repo, I also plan to download and try to compile it myself to see if I get the same errors that you did.

Hope you had a rewarding Christmas!!!

Thanks for your help!!!!

Greg Ennis
Re: Aeskulap appears broken with upgrade from Centos 7.5->7.6 [message #4109 is a reply to message #4100] Wed, 02 January 2019 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

If some other dicom client caught your eye, let me know and we'll try to package it.
About Aeksulap, it might be worth more to open an issue with the developers instead of the CentOS mailing list.
Re: Aeskulap appears broken with upgrade from Centos 7.5->7.6 [message #4110 is a reply to message #4100] Wed, 02 January 2019 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator

Can you try a small test, maybe we can fool Aeskulap to run properly.
Here are the deps of the app from 7.5: http://tmp.nux.ro/aeskulap-el75-deps.tar.gz

Can you unpack them somewhere, go in that dir and then run the app like this:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`
/usr/bin/aeskulap
Re: Aeskulap appears broken with upgrade from Centos 7.5->7.6 [message #4124 is a reply to message #4110] Sat, 16 February 2019 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good News, with the lastest kernel update from Centos 7.6 which is kernel-3.10.0-957.5.1.el7.x86_64, aeskulap works like it did before the upgrade from Centos 7.5 to Centos 7.6
I have not tried to compile it yet with the new kernel but will report back what happens as soon as I can. aeskulap would not compile on 7.6 after the ugrade from 7.5
Re: Aeskulap appears broken with upgrade from Centos 7.5->7.6 [message #4125 is a reply to message #4100] Mon, 18 February 2019 08:53 Go to previous message
Administrator

Wow, that's a change.. Thanks for the feedback.
Previous Topic: New hugin version? 2018 maybe?
Next Topic: shrubbery tacacs+
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 20 16:04:55 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01492 seconds