Nux!

Home » Stella » Report a problem or request a feature » Using infinality packages on CentOS 7.6 (Using infinality packages on CentOS 7.6)
Using infinality packages on CentOS 7.6 [message #4111] Wed, 16 January 2019 12:39 Go to next message
Greg Bailey is currently offline  Greg Bailey
I've been using the freetype-infinality and fontconfig-infinality RPMs on several CentOS 7 workstations, and they've greatly improved the look of the desktop (I'm running MATE).

I saw several errors during the CentOS 7.5 -> 7.6 upgrade, such as:

When fonts are installed or upgraded that run "fc-cache":

# fc-cache
Fontconfig error: failed reading config file
Fontconfig error: Cannot load config file "infinality/conf.d"
Fontconfig error: failed reading config file
Fontconfig error: Cannot load config file "infinality/conf.d"

Also, when the "librsvg2" RPM is upgraded, which has the following RPM scriptlet:

/sbin/ldconfig
gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders-64 --update-cache || :

Running this gives:

# gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders-64 --update-cache || :
g_module_open() failed for /usr/lib64/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so: /lib64/libcairo.so.2: undefined symbol: FT_Get_Var_Design_Coordinates

It looks like freetype was upgraded in CentOS 7.6, and the need for the infinality RPMs may not be as crucial as before, but I still like the appearance with infinality installed. I've seen references to "freetype-freeworld" as a potential replacement, but I didn't see too much difference between a stock CentOS 7.6+MATE desktop, and one with the freetype-freeworld RPM installed.

Does one or both of the "freetype-infinality" or "fontconfig-infinality" RPMs need to be rebuilt for CentOS 7.6 to address the undefined symbol error above? (And possibly for the "Cannot load config file" issue I mentioned earlier?)

thanks for this terrific repo!

-Greg
Re: Using infinality packages on CentOS 7.6 [message #4112 is a reply to message #4111] Wed, 16 January 2019 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

Hi,

Yes, I would suspect the infinality packages need updating to a compatible freetype version; the problem is I am not sure they are even maintained any more.

Re: Using infinality packages on CentOS 7.6 [message #4113 is a reply to message #4111] Wed, 16 January 2019 13:56 Go to previous message
nux is currently offline  nux
Administrator

BTW, I am removing these packages from the repo until a solution is found, if at all.
Previous Topic: Update MakeMKV
Next Topic: Stella Download Keeps Failing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 23 02:34:30 BST 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00861 seconds