Nux!

Today's Messages (on)  | Unanswered Messages (off)

Forum: General chat
 Topic: New to Stella/CentOS - Installation help
New to Stella/CentOS - Installation help [message #4200] Thu, 09 April 2020 02:06
bones is currently offline  bones
Hi folks,

Several years ago I had tried Stella 6.7, and I was impressed. I got to thinking of it again yesterday, so I downloaded both 6.7 and "Stella-Resquiem-20180822.iso."

I fired up 6.7 on my ThinkPad T61, and it was great, just as I remembered it being. Just so you know, I am primarily a Slackware guy.

Of course times change, and operating systems and software move on (for better or for worse!). I thought I should get with the times and install the latest release.

So I boot it in VM to check it out before I commit, and I see that it goes straight to a TUI root prompt. No big deal, but I embarrassed to say I don't know what the installation procedure is from here. Perhaps I missed the documentation somewhere? Is this what a minimal CentOS installation looks like?

I would like to install the latest Stella with either MATE or Xfce (no Gnome 3, if I can avoid it). If someone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks, my friends.

Current Time: Thu Apr 09 17:21:25 BST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01186 seconds